Dairy Nutrition Specialist
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Dairy Nutrition Specialist-UNI05065 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The purpose of this position is to provide technical support to regional feed manufacturers, consultants and dairy producers in the North East Region and will include New York, Pennsylvania and Vermont.
Cargill Premix & Nutrition develops, manufactures and sells customized animal nutrition products and services for customers primarily focused on beef, dairy, ruminants, poultry and swine. With 56 production centers in 31 countries, it also provides technical services, technology licensing, software and management services to customers. Some of its branded products include Provimi®, Akey®, Vigortone®, Citura®, Neolait®, Nutral® and Nutron®.
The individual will be based out of a home office and can be located anywhere within the territory.
80%- Support various regional feed manufacturers and consultants. Training, calling on dairies, troubleshooting, and providing nutritional recommendations.
- Advise customers and producers on optimal feeding programs from a nutritional and economical standpoint.
- Provide customer training and support on proprietary ration formulation program (Amino Acid and Metabolizable Protein System; AAMPS).
- Assist in sales process with prospective customers as a technical resource to show the company's value added expertise in nutritional products and nutritional programs.
- Keep customers and internal technical team up-to-date on new research
- Work with other Dairy Specialists, Account Manager, and Calf Specialist in the region to coordinate customer support and prospecting.
10%- Keeping up on the latest scientific and management discoveries in the industry to continue to provide industry leading expertise. Including attending nutrition conferences and other technical meetings.
10%- Complete a variety of special projects as assigned including occasional trips outside assigned territory to support other US and international dairy business.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor's Degree in dairy or animal science
- Minimum of 3 years experience in dairy nutrition, production, and/or providing technical services to customers
- Able and willing to travel up to 30% depending on business needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to be self-directed and also work as part of a team
- MS or PhD in dairy or animal science
- Knowledge of nutritional models and dairy record and feed management programs
- 5 years of experience in dairy nutrition, production, or providing technical service
Job Research and Development
Primary Location US-NY-Binghamton
Other Locations US-Pennsylvania, US-Vermont
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Dairy Nutrition Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly