Senior Food Scientist
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Senior Food Scientist-WIC03593 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Senior Food Scientist will be accountable for coordinated, aligned and successful innovation through exploration, development, and implementation of new and existing products in Cargill Protein Group Retail Channel. Project work will be aligned with the business strategy and initiated and completed through the business PPM process and sponsored and approved by the business leadership. Customer focused innovation activities will focus on consumer insights, new product and technology development, new process development, customer partnership and technical sales support. Innovation can include the entire process from ideation to commercialization or segments of the process. The purpose of this position is to provide technical expertise and project leadership to: 1) New product development for product line growth, 2) Technology/process development for the creation of new capabilities, 3) Creation, perfection, and defense of new and existing IP, 4) Involvement in strategic plan and creation of a center of excellence and collaboration, and 5) Provides positive mentor and technical assistance to Jr. team members through coaching.
Responsibilities & Duties:
45%- Research, ideate, and develop innovative and insight driven customer focused new products, services, and solutions that deliver commercially viable new products and solutions
20%- Utilize portfolio and project management tools
10%- Deliver high performance innovation, supporting core and new products
10%- Provide technical leadership in product and process development and improvement, quality systems, and regulatory oversight.
10%- Build Fresh Retail, Cargill Protein Group, and Cargill Corporate collaboration and product technical expertise.
5%- Build, maintain and defend IP portfolio
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- A Bachelor's degree in food/meat science, culinary arts, hotel/restaurant management, food processing or related field with a minimum of 4 years experience in new product development, commercialization of new products, and/or research OR a Master's degree in food/meat science, culinary arts, hotel/restaurant management, food processing or related field with a minimum of 2 years experience in new product development, commercialization of new products, and/or research
- Experience working with protein
- Highly motivated individual with a strong background in scientific procedure and project management skills are required. Food knowledge, data analysis, experimental design, and technical writing and effective vocal communication skills are also required.
- This position requires a high level of proficiency using Microsoft Office and email
- A Masters, PhD in food/meat science, culinary arts, hotel/restaurant management, food processing or related field is highly preferred
- Previous experience in retail and/or food service, operations, and/or management is highly preferred
- Previous experience with statistical software is highly preferred
Job Research and Development
Primary Location US-KS-Wichita
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Senior Food Scientist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly