Customer Account Specialist
Customer Account Specialist-MIL00831 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Ensure all customers, sales and related internal departments receive a high quality level of service and support through knowledge of product, process and systems as part of a cooperative team environment. Strive to find solutions that satisfy customer, sales and company goals.
- 85% Responsible for developing meaningful relationships with customers, sales and other departments to proactively inform, guide and provide solutions building a solid team and loyal customers from customer order to invoice settlement
Customer Service holds a key role in the business handling a variety of customer facing activities:
- Receive/enter/monitor customer orders, returns and credits
- Follow-up with pricing, credit, quality assurance, transportation, warehousing and supply chain
- Monitor various reports to properly maintain orders, returns, complaints, contracts, forecast, etc.
- Ensure timely resolution of customer complaints and capture associated costs
- Maintain customer accounts and update requirements as needed
- Customer contract knowledge and maintenance
- Participate in obtaining forecast information and Demand Planning solutions
- Accounts Receivable: Short pays/Open Invoices - Monitor, investigate and provide solutions to customer/company
- Acquire product application knowledge
- Provide new product information to encourage sales.
- 5%-Maintain and analyze metrics to identify and drive opportunities for continuous improvement.
- 5%-Special projects to promote/drive personal development and to strengthen business acumen.
- 5%-Visit Customers, attend/work trade shows and any other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree in Business or related field
- At least 2 years of Customer Service experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and follow/up skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes or interruptions
- Self-starter / self-motivator
- Ability to be proactive
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in challenging situations
- Ability to collaborate with other individuals across all levels of the organization
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
- 2 years of Customer Service experience
- High proficiency level working with and troubleshooting computer systems such as SAP
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Supply Chain Management
Primary Location US-WI-Milwaukee
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job