Strategic Account Leader
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Strategic Account Leader-UNI05039 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Accountable for managing the relationship between Cargill and our customer's organization. This includes building, developing, and maintaining internal/external key account relationships, researching and identifying customer's needs to ultimately create, propose and deliver solutions primarily in the Ag Retail segment. It is necessary to bring cross functional teammates into the relationship by partnering with Strategic Marketing and Technology, Business Operations and Supply Chain (including customer and plant operations), and Risk Management and Sourcing functions for developing proposals, servicing customers, negotiation of pricing and contracts, setting targets, measuring and reviewing performance and sharing results. This role will be the voice of the customer internally to cross functional teammates to help support our growth with them and take the breadth of Cargill to the account. This role will be accountable for solutions, growth, leadership, engagement and team performance and navigating internally to deliver value to Cargill and our customer as well as responsible for leading a team dedicated to store operations and/or customer account relationship team.
45% - Customer Focus, Sales Strategy & Execution:
- Leads and develops the national account sales strategy and value proposition and ensures that the sales organization continuously focuses on integrated relationships with customers. Responsible for driving performance, sales planning and resource allocation to account management.
- Leads the top to top relationship with customer(s) as well as interacts and engages with key stakeholders within Customer organization and Cargill. Establishes and oversees alignment amongst stakeholders, with a focus on mutually beneficial outcomes that create shared values, expectations, and goals. Identifies key relationships that need built to “zipper” the organizations together.
- Working cross functionally, develops and ensures that the value proposition and sales strategy is executed across the portfolio of products/services.
- Responsible for providing high level of influence and recommendations in pricing process and decisions for products and services from Cargill for customer(s)
- Foresees changing market conditions/retail trends and adapts/creates new performance metrics that will effectively drive desired performance. Proactively analyzes competitor capabilities along with comparisons to Cargill capabilities to determine gaps and to position Cargill as a Partner of Choice.
- Research and identify key account needs, represents the customer best interest within Cargill and is well versed in the customer's long-term goals, needs and requirements. Builds sustainable organization including business planning, strategies to support the account (s). Works closely with SMT to identify and prioritize product growth and new product opportunities and services through customer feedback insights, customer needs, and business capabilities.
- Leads sales forecasting and measurement processes. Has overall responsibility for the execution and tracking of score card metrics that are related to the performance and overall customer satisfaction. Delivers on sales performance/financial targets/budgets/expenses; sales volume, prices, revenue, profitability including focus on US Retail P&L results
- Execute Retail Strategy, Leadership accountabilities, channel management, industry and customer events
- Leading a virtual team and connecting with cross functional teammates in different locations, experiences and places throughout the company and customers
45% - Talent Leadership and Team Development:
- Partners with Human Resources to ensure talent management programs attract, train, and develop top sales professionals and to ensure optimum level of workforce engagement. Holds direct/indirect reports accountable for actively addressing engagement issues and promotes best practices in sales effectiveness and engagement areas. Responsible for talent development, talent pipeline, workforce planning.
- Champions and enforces the “Cargill Sales Effectiveness Framework” and drives team work culture and alignment to goals. Oversees the development and design of sales workforce planning and staffing; identifies the critical skills and knowledge required for successful job performance; champions the recognition of the best contributors; and identifies/removes barriers to performance.
- Drives execution of defined/quantifiable sales targets for highly complex strategic accounts. Provides input to the detailed sales plan of activities to monitor, assess, and ensure sales goals are achieved. Translates business plans and sales strategy into account specific growth plans.
- Change management dynamics organizational wide
10% - Other Leadership Duties
- Including and not limited to cross functional leadership, projects, team meetings, communication, etc.
- Participate on various leadership teams, representing assigned business groups and responsible for contributing and cascading relevant communications and business activity within scope of positions & assigned accounts
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Proven leader with 8-10 years of cross functional leadership/influence
- 8-10 years of sales and/or account management experience; including hands on exposure to leading strategic customer interaction.
- Minimum of 3 years of people management experience
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent years of experience/education in feed business or other Ag or sales related industry
- Demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships with key internal and external contacts
- High adaptability and capacity for change
- High resilience and ability to quickly respond to and resolve issues.
- Analytical and detail oriented when it comes to pushing initiatives and driving a sales team
- Demonstrated ability to work virtually and across multiple geographies
- Highly effective communicator with demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with customers and sales teams.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% of time
- Experience in strategic account management for 3 or more years
- Experience navigating internally within organization to deliver solutions to customer (Cargill or other organization with multiple functions)
Primary Location United States
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Strategic Account Leader
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly