Marketing Leader (Director)
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Marketing Leader (Director)-WAY05620 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Cargill Starches, Sweeteners & Texturizers (SS&T) business develops and commercializes sustainable ingredients made from renewable and nature-derived sources. We have about 10,000 employees in 40 countries who are committed to deliver our food, feed and bio-industrial customers with high-quality products and make them thrive. We combine our core capabilities — market insight & innovation, sustainable supply chains, trading & risk management and manufacturing expertise - with our extensive ingredient portfolio of starches, sweeteners, lecithins, vegetable proteins, seaweeds & fruit extracts and health promoting ingredients, to deliver our customers in all parts of the world with unique ingredients and solutions.
The Marketing Leader is responsible for all marketing activities across the Starches Sweeteners North America (SSNA) and Cargill Texturizing Solutions (CTS) Amcas region (North & South America); together known as Starches Sweeteners & Texturizers (SS&T). Responsibilities include providing leadership, strategy, and execution for both business in areas of: strategies and planning, insight and analytics, customer experience and collaboration, communication and branding, as well as, talent management.
Global responsibilities include leading marketing & commercial responsibilities of select global BU projects, contributing to global strategy work and advising on key initiatives ensuring consistencies across regions (customer segmentation, marketing communications, product line & customer analysis and insight, etc.)
The Marketing Leader is viewed as an expert in the marketing field and serves as a key contributor & developer to the business strategy. She/He serves as a knowledge spokesperson for the organization on business objectives (short and long term strategy), business capabilities, and other highly significant business issues. She/He is a marketing leader in the Food Ingredients & Bio-Industrial enterprise and serves as a member of the Marketing Leadership Team.
Marketing in SS&T provides strategy, planning and deployment in alignment with the commercial team, which leads to a positive experience for our customers. Key processes include new product development (NPSS) & market launches, customer information, analysis, & interactions, product pricing & branding analysis, sales collateral development, and communication programs.
The SS&T Marketing Leader position is a complex role that is responsible for marketing efforts across a wide variety of industries, with products and services at various stages of their life cycle. This includes a mixture of growth & mature businesses, which requires delivering novel solutions to achieve the business strategic objectives. Developing and leading a team of highly engaged marketing professionals is critical to the success.
40% - Talent Management: Recruits, trains, coaches, and develops marketing professionals
20% - Strategy: Identify and effectively champion new and unseen growth opportunities contributing to business & commercial strategy. Serve as a key contributor to the BU strategy, innovation processes & initiatives including NPSS, innovation pipeline opportunities, Product & Project Review Teams and Integrated Business Planning. Contribute to the development of the Segment and Product Line strategies across 16 distinct product lines. Responsible for executing the marketing vision and strategy for both businesses to achieve business objectives.
15% - Analysis: Provide strategy & execution by developing the marketing research and approach. Analyze markets, customers, competitors, & consumer trends and translate insights & knowledge into compelling vision and strategies that enhance the business and product lines' abilities to deliver their commercial objectives.
15% - Customer Strategy & Experience: In collaboration with commercial functions (go-to-market, sales, technical, and product lines), recommend customer strategy & actions and oversees customer analysis for individual or groups of customers using Cargill marketing tools, (e.g. Segmentation, Buying Process, Customer Portraits, etc.). Collaborates with commercial leadership to develop objectives and growth strategies for new and existing markets, customers, and products. Deploy strategies with customers to enhance our customer experience.
10% - Planning, Implement, Communication & Brand Strategies: Position & plan the breadth of organizational resources to achieve business objectives. Use leadership & management skills to ensure that all resources execute, effectively coordinate across businesses, functions & regions. Develop and execute the external communication & branding strategies to support the business & segment objectives.
- 4 year college degree
- Minimum 10 years commercial/business experience with a focus on marketing
- Proven experience managing, building & developing highly engaged teams
- Proven ability to effectively influence senior leadership internally & externally
- Serves as a key knowledge spokesperson for the organization on business objectives (this fiscal year and long term strategy), business capabilities, and other highly significant business issues
- Viewed as an expert in the marketing field for the business
- Develops solutions to complex problems which require a high degree of creativity and innovation
- Strong critical thinker-demonstrated record of both strategic and analytic skills
- Proven ability to execute and get things done
- Proven communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated strong skills at interacting with, building relationships, and persuading customers
- Able to identify and understand customers' strategies and develop compelling value propositions
- Deep understanding of consumers-drivers/barriers, habits and practices
- Able to demonstrative high levels of proficiency across the Cargill Leadership Expectations
- Travel up to 25%, including international
- MBA; ideally with an emphasis on marketing
- Food Industry experience strongly preferred
- Completion & submission from Cargill Marketing Academy or equivalent.
- Effective leading & coaching of others
- Knowledge of Cargill products & customers
- Training/facilitation experience
- Successfully influencing others & ability to work with cross functional teams
- Marketing; Strategy Development; Leadership; Influencing experience
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Marketing Leader (Director)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly