ERP Solution Architect Advisor
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
ERP Solution Architect Advisor-UNI05072 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The ERP Solution Architect Lead is responsible to formulate and drive rationalizing studies/opportunity assessments for Cargill's global ERP portfolio. This position will utiliz deep and broad understanding of both technical and functional design, along with multiple architecture domain perspectives (process, application, data, technology and security) to help drive a long-term rationalization roadmap to consolidate and or retire ERP platforms and functions thereby reducing technology spend and operational processes.
In addition, this position supports the comprehensive high level architecture, functionality, economics and architecture compliance of solution options for the ERP global applications portfolio. This position works closely with the global ERP Portfolio Lead, Solution and Application Architects (global and regional), Enterprise Architecture and key stakeholders to determine requirements for solution planning and development. This position develops solution architecture at an Enterprise and Global Functions level in collaboration with other architects, global and regional ERP portfolio teams and subject matter experts from Cargill's business units.
This position is also accountable to lead the ERP Global Solution Architect team and will demonstrate strong architectural accountability for quality of code, software engineering practices, communication skills, dealing with complexity and ambiguity, and coaching and mentoring of team members.
The Solution Architect position is also responsible for staying current with emerging business and technology trends, promoting the ‘art of the possible', and driving innovation investments throughout the portfolio. This role is able to facilitate the difficult conversations involving balancing corporate strategies and local business requirements. This requires an ability to see multiple perspectives, steer discussions towards fact-based comparisons, and drive significant net value for the enterprise.The Solution Architects, as a team, own the integration, maintenance and integrity of the portfolio architecture for all ERP solutions, encompassing global business capabilities enabled by enterprise application landscape, clearly differentiating Systems of Record, Systems of Differentiation and Systems of Innovation under an Open & Flexible Architecture. The Solution Architecture Lead will help create Enterprise ERP Strategies aligning Business and ERP Asset capabilities in full support and enablement of the Enterprise and Group Process Data and Technology strategies.
40% - Architecture Planning and Development:
- Provide leadership and assists in setting the long term direction, roadmaps and standards for ERP Portfolio architecture.
- Develop an ERP Portfolio rationalization strategy that improves efficiency, reduces complexity and lowers Total Cost of Ownership utilizing a multi-pronged approach of:
- Retiring aging and low value applications
- Modernizing aging and high value applications
- Eliminating redundant applications
- Standarding on common technology platforms and versions.
- Consoliating applications - either physically, logically, or both.
- Serves as an “agent of change” to lead the development of IT initiatives and ERP strategies across the enterprise.
- Conduct regular portfolio rationalization reviews including the identification of ERP applications with the worst performance in terms of meeting business needs in a cost-effective and reliable manner.
- Create an objective framework for assessing ERP applications, and deciding whether to retire, consolidate, replace or modernize them.
- Articulate the costs and risks of each potential rationalization project, including the opportunity cost of doing nothing.
- Accountable for solution evaluation and early-phase project estimates to contribute to the business case for complex architecture solutions as part of a large portfolio of architecture solutions.
- Leads buy, rent or build recommendations for complex architectural initiatives.
- Develops and maintains ERP solution architecture by leading solution definition, solution architecture reviews, and solution selection efforts
- Acts as part of the broader Cargill Architecture community to define and execute architecture processes.
- Develops and maintains the Conceptual Architecture for the ERP Global Applications Portfolio
- Owns the Logical Architecture for a Portfolio (describing flow and high level physical arch)
- Responsible for the application architecture for all capabilities within the ERP applications portfolio and the associated roadmap
- Responsible for the data landscape for the ERP global applications portfolio
- Responsible for governance to the architecture plan for the ERP portfolio
- Ensures portfolio architecture aligns with Enterprise Architecture standards/principles
- Responsible for lifecycle planning for applications within the global ERP portfolio
- Provides strategic consultation and recommendations for business process design, business intelligence design, software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and/or interfaces during the design and ongoing care of solutions.
- Primary contact for vendors providing technology solutions within your portfolio (including open source distribution vendors).
- Responsible for ensuring Cargill roadmap items are included in vendor roadmap (including open source distribution vendors).
40% - Business Partnership:
- Work with Enterprise ERP Leads and businesses to establish clear connections between business goals and strategies and the process data, and technology investments required to achieve them.
- Partner with Enterprise ERP Leads and business leadership to understand how data will be leveraged as a competitive advantage and promote architectural methods and solutions to enable business value (e.g. using big data to drive predictive analytics and improve customer experience).
- Provide consultation and recommendations for business capabilities, business process design, business intelligence design, software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and/or interfaces during the design and ongoing care of solutions.
- Regularly interface with other architects, analysts, process designers, application portfolio managers, business relationship managers, and enterprise subject matter experts to understand and evaluate portfolio capability needs.
- Assist in the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the portfolio based on new and emerging technologies. Independently establish priorities and strategies, ensuring they are consistent with business goals and economic viability.
10% - Architecture Assurance:
- Manage adherence to defined standards throughout the design, development and implementation processes for the ERP Portfolio including managing exceptions against the portfolio.
- Review new projects and architecture solutions, ensuring they are aligned with the enterprise architecture and meet financial targets.
- Champion data as a corporate asset, ensuring the value realization of the investments Cargill is making in the data and information areas are captured.
10% - IT Innovation & Delivery:
- Maintains extensive knowledge of industry trends, and utilizes this knowledge to educate the ERP Portfolio Leaders and Regional ERP Portfolio Managers on opportunities to build better target solution architectures that support and drive business decisions.
- Drives improvement of architecture methodologies and services. Supports implementation, improvements, and proper utilization of architecture tools. Ensures the quality of architecture assets, and keeps them up-to-date. Develops and maintains architecture metrics.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and utilize this knowledge to educate both IT and the business on opportunities to build better target architectures that support and drive business decisions.
- Drive the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the portfolio based on new and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of a wide variety of technology disciplines.
- Provides technical oversight and coaching to others resolving complex and severe technical issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Management Information Systems; OR equivalent experience
- 15 years business experience with diverse operational, development and business roles
- 8 years experience with business process design and improvement; knowledge of ERP solutions (i.e. SAP, JDE)
- Proven experience in developing and successfully implementing ERP/Application rationalization strategies improving efficiency, reducing complexity and lowering Total Cost of Ownership
- 5 years experience in an architecture leadership role
- Experience working on at least one full lifecycle ERP implementation, preferably in a global organization
- Experience collaborating with regional and global project teams to define business requirements and deliver solutions that meet business goals
- Experience in developing integrated solutions involving process, data, and technology
- Experience with business case development
- Strong conceptual, strategic thinking, problem solving, technical and analytical skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Ability to influence peers and leadership stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management, planning and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively within a large organization that operates using matrix management structures
- Knowledge and ability to support: translation of business needs into solution architecture requirements, application of multiple technical solutions to business problems, and estimation of the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Ability to travel, including internationally, up to 20%
- Business fluency in English
- Business strategy development
- Knowledge of all components of enterprise architecture
- Industry certification (Examples include ITIL, APICS, six sigma, etc.)
Job Information Technology
Primary Location United States
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for ERP Solution Architect Advisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly