Service Delivery Consultant - OSC
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Service Delivery Consultant - OSC-UNI05060 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Service Delivery Consultant (OSC Applications) is responsible for building and maintaining a strong relationship with the BRM's of the Platform/Businesses/Functions supported by the applications. The position is responsible to participate in the creation and execution of a holistic and best practice approach to delivering end-to-end service for BUs/Platforms/Functions utilizing the Scales & non-MES applications. The position drives value through adherence to compliance policies, harmonizing and aligning service level requirements, and ensuring IT costs are optimized. The Service Delivery Consultant is responsible for managing the Service provider(s) for the Scales & non-MES applications, related to sustain and overall managed service activities. The Service Delivery Consultant will engage with the Service provider(s) to drive for continuous improvements on cost, quality and efficiency of the services to enable the Scales & non-MES applications portfolio to offer best practice market competitive services to the internal Cargill customers we serve.
The Service Delivery Consultant is a skilled professional who combines
technical, IT process and business knowledge with a strong customer focus to
deliver effective internal business/IT account management and rigorous IT
supplier (internal & external) service level management. This position will drive standardization of services,
establishment of service level agreements with the business, reporting on
quality of services and continuous improvement planning.
70% - Service Delivery Management/Operations:
- Manage significant service issues and critical situations (severe and structural SLA breaches) within service operations (E.g. setup SWAT teams, establish crisis committees; manage communication to the business, etc.)
- Assist in the definition, documentation and activation of a service catalog with service level requirements for IT business services and manage service agreements/contracts
- Align with Service Provider(s) on day to day Application Managed Services activities to ensure incidents, service request and change requests are properly addressed and communicated with the business
- Participate in overall OSC applications portfolio roadmap and program planning to represent the service operations perspective ensuring service provider is prepared to support the program, and as projects move from development into a sustain mode service introduction is properly planned and executed
- Manage regular service/OLA and contract reviews with both internal and external service suppliers and include colleagues throughout IT as appropriate.
- Prepare and present service reports identifying trends and patterns of interest
- When required define, agree and document OLAs (operating level agreements) that facilitate collaboration between and beyond IT silos and service suppliers.
- Actively participate in supplier engagement by reviewing and agreeing on relevant service schedules and underpinning contracts
- Represent business interests and needs during service reviews with internal and external service suppliers
- Accountable for assisting in the set-up and management of a best in class Change and Release Management process that aligns to overall Cargill Global IT practices and policies
- Promote best practice throughout the IT department globally and support IT colleagues introducing process improvements.
- Ensure alignment with the OSC Applications Manager on introduction of new services and capabilities to ensure these services and capabilities are included in overall OSC Applications service catalog, including their SLA's and costs.
- Assist in the development and execution of strategies to effectively and efficiently deliver application maintenance and support activities across the NA region for OSC Scales & MES applications.
- Develop resource and delivery plans to satisfy long term view of demand in alignment with BU and Global IT Strategy.
- Participate with other Service Delivery Managers to partner with CSSP, finance, and Cargill Business Services (CBS) to effectively leverage internal and external capabilities.
- Identify and implement opportunities to leverage synergies across regional OSC applications and OSC global portfolio team.
- Build and maintain a partnering relationship with the IT business partners; provide a single Service Operations focal point for Business/Function Leaders for their tactical service needs pertaining to the OSC Scales & MES applications.
- Act as a tactical escalation point within OSC Applications Service Operations for Platform/BU IT business partners
- Participate in the rationalization and harmonization activities for OSC applications products and services
- Assist IT business partners with the ongoing capturing and translation of business requirements into service requirements and service demand.
- Actively consult with Business(es)/Functions in the appropriate use and deployment of service solution capabilities and IT services (e.g. inputs to business plans, advice on overall cost management opportunities, etc).
15% - Relationship and service management:
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external service providers including SOWs, SLAs, KPI and metric measurement and management ensuring continuous improvement process & operational leadership performance in alignment with expectations of the business.
- Ensures processes and tools are executed and implemented consistently in alignment with end to end service delivery. Play the primary contact for the OSC applications for implementation of application support processes (incident, change, release, problem, service management).
- Continuously improve connection between IT and business/functions, working with and through Business Partners/BRMs.
- Participate in relevant governance teams to communicate/manage service levels, key project status, and vendor management as needed to help prioritize and manage investments for applications.
- Own the establishment of end to end service in alignment with service management strategy and capability including application roadmap creation and management in partnership with enterprise process and application portfolio strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Management Information Systems; OR equivalent experience
- 7 years of IT and business/industry work experience
- 2 years experience managing the delivery of services in a matrixed environment with a diverse portfolio of suppliers both internal and external
- Understanding of manufacturing systems and plant processes utilized to make and move products
- Ability to work across multiple functional teams to set direction, build consensus and solve problems
- Experience in incident and crisis management experience in a large scale, high availability organization
- Strong background in a process oriented framework
- Demonstrated experience with leading change initiatives, within an IT context, and in a complex, multi-faceted environment
- Strong knowledge of IT Service management processes and practices
- Demonstrated strong and effective communications skills and working relationships with colleagues throughout IT and the business at management level
- Knowledge of Infrastructure technologies and business applications, and their relationships
- Business fluency in English
- Masters degree in Business or IT
- Experience in service design and implementation
- Demonstrated skill in managing the delivery of services provided by third parties and internal IT providers through definition and maintenance of SLA's
- Strong background in ITIL process oriented framework
- Experience with in-house developed and package implementations
- Knowledge of and experience with Change Management
Job Information Technology
Primary Location United States
Other Locations US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Service Delivery Consultant - OSC
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly