Technical Architect - End User Computing and Unified Collaboration and Communications
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Technical Architect - End User Computing and Unified Collaboration and Communications-UNI05069 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The End User Computing (EUC) and Unified Collaboration and Communication (EUC) Technical Architect supports the comprehensive high level architecture, functionality, economics and architecture compliance of a suite of applications solution options for the EUC and UCC area. This position works closely with Solution Architects, Application Architects, Regional Application Portfolio Managers, Enterprise Architecture and key stakeholders to determine requirements for solution planning and development. This position develops technology and integration architecture at an enterprise and project level in collaboration with Solution architects, Application Architects and Solution Integrity teams and subject matter experts from Cargill Global IT and business units for assigned solutions.
The Technical Architect is responsible for all technical aspects of a group of regional systems including; creating the optimum technical solution in the context of the customer's environment, requirements, and financial resources; ensuring a quality system design which provides good system performance, an effective human-machine interface, optimal operational cost, and flexibility for future change; maximizing the productivity of the project team by installing an effective development environment, establishing programming, design, and other technical/integration standards, training team members, and providing advisory and trouble-shooting support; providing a focal point for all technical/integration issues and initiatives within that group of regional systems; and ensuring that all components of the technical architecture are properly implemented.
The Technical Architect will manage across multiple technologies and/or functional areas so that solution and development teams are equipped to meet business requirements, design objectives, and understand infrastructure impacts. This position will drive excellence and influence direction in the following areas:
- Eco-System and Strategy for assigned applications
- Lifecycle Management
- Performance Engineering
- Business Continuity Planning
50% - Technical Architecture Planning and Development:
- Owns the Physical Architecture for an application or suite of applications, ensuring they meet quality principles, EA guidelines, common solutions and services are leveraged, and financial targets (cost and benefits) are met.
- Responsible for ensuring the security architecture meets the requirements provided via TGRC for an application or suite of applications
- Responsible for the technical architecture and the integration architecture for solutions within their scope
- Responsible for lifecycle roadmap and prioritization of entire tech stack of applications within their scope
- Develops and maintains technical solution architecture by leading solution definition, technology architecture reviews, and solution selection efforts
- Provide guidance and architectural oversight during solution fit, requirements, and design to ensure that the end to end solution remains aligned to the Technical applications strategy and target architecture.
- Work across technology areas to identify and resolve complex and high-impact issues related to the inter-dependencies between systems on major projects
- Provides subject matter expertise to design, develop, assess and implement complex architecture solutions (integrated process, applications, data and technology) for business problems in alignment with the assigned applications Solution Architecture direction and standards.
- Interfaces with other Solution Architects, Solution Integrity Analysts, Business Analysts, and BU/Function subject matter experts to execute architecture processes.
- Provides strategic consultation and recommendations for technical application design, infrastructure design, software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and/or interfaces during the design and ongoing care of solutions.
- Establish priorities and strategies for the application (or suite of applications), ensuring they are consistent with business goals and economic viability.
- Provides recommendations to assist Regional Applications Portfolio Managers in setting the near-medium term direction, roadmaps and standards for technical, process, and/or infrastructure solutions, ensuring they align to the overall Architecture.
20% - Business Partnership:
- Work with Business Partnering organization to advise on end to end solution feasibility at the ideation stage.
- Be a value enabler to the business by providing solutions that are stable and at the same time cost effective.
- Proactively bring industry's best practices for technology to help improve business processes.
- Facilitate the relationship and work between IT and third-party partners.
- Work with businesses to establish clear connections between business goals and strategies and the process data, and technology investments required to achieve them.
- Provide consultation and recommendations for business capabilities, business process design, business intelligence design, software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and/or interfaces during the design and ongoing care of solutions.
- Regularly interface with other architects, analysts, process designers, application portfolio managers, business relationship managers, and enterprise subject matter experts to understand and evaluate application portfolio(s) capability needs.
- Assist in the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the portfolio based on new and emerging technologies. Independently establish priorities and strategies, ensuring they are consistent with business goals and economic viability.
10% - Architecture Assurance:
- Manage adherence to defined standards throughout the design, development and implementation processes for the assigned applications portfolio(s) including managing exceptions against the portfolio.
- Review new projects and architecture solutions, ensuring they are aligned with the enterprise architecture and meet financial targets.
- Champion data as a corporate asset, ensuring the value realization of the investments Cargill is making in the data and information areas are captured.
10% - IT Innovation & Delivery:
- Maintains extensive knowledge of industry trends, and utilizes this knowledge to educate the Regional Applications Portfolio Managers on opportunities to build better target solution architectures that support and drive business decisions.
- Drives improvement of architecture methodologies and services. Supports implementation, improvements, and proper utilization of architecture tools. Ensures the quality of architecture assets, and keeps them up-to-date. Develops and maintains architecture metrics.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and utilize this knowledge to educate both IT and the business on opportunities to build better target architectures that support and drive business decisions.
- Drive the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the portfolio based on new and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of a wide variety of technology disciplines.
- Participates in routine and non-routine construction, automation, and implementation activities, ensuring successful implementation with architectural and operational requirements met
- Provides technical oversight and coaching to others resolving complex and severe technical issues.
- Designs new testing methods and resolves routine and non-routine technical issues with minimal assistance. With minimal guidance, monitors systems capacity and performance.
- Leads disaster recovery activities and contributes to disaster recovery planning.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Management Information Systems; OR equivalent experience
- 10 years business experience with diverse operational, development and technology roles
- 5 years architecture experience with infrastructure, enterprise, or solution design.
- 2 years experience as a full stack architect with experience in Open source development (.net or Java), and knowledgeable with server side configurations as well.
- Experience leading technology or deployment projects
- Experience collaborating with regional and global project teams to define business requirements and deliver solutions that meet business goals
- Experience in developing integrated solutions involving process, data, and technology
- Strong conceptual, strategic thinking, problem solving, technical and analytical skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Ability to influence peers and leadership stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management, planning and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively within a large organization that operates using matrix management structures
- Knowledge and ability to support: translation of business needs into solution architecture requirements, application of multiple technical solutions to business problems, and estimation of the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Ability to travel, including internationally, up to 10%
- Business fluency in English
- Business strategy development
- Knowledge of all components of enterprise architecture
- Industry certification (Examples include ITIL, APICS, six sigma, etc.) Experience with business process design
- Experience with mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Experience with database and operating system design
- Demonstrated ability in performance tuning methodologies, capacity planning, release management, monitoring and reporting processes.
- Industry certification (Examples include ITIL, APICS, six sigma, etc.)
Job Information Technology
Primary Location United States
Other Locations US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Technical Architect - End User Computing and Unified Collaboration and Communications
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly