Continuous Improvement Lead
Continuous Improvement Lead-SAI00422 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Continuous Improvement Lead position is responsible for conducting CI activities at the St Clair Salt facility. This position conducts activities related to the portfolio leadership, governance and control; key project execution, value realization and measurement; capability and culture development; business partnership, and stakeholder management. The CI Lead is accountable to identify and deliver maximum value to the business through a metrics management approach, while expanding the continuous improvement process competencies across the site.
This position uses comprehensive knowledge to develop and manage CI project plans for projects, and assures project goals and objectives are attained and sustained. Identifies and documents variances from project goals and objectives, and communicates status reports, issue logs and risk areas to leadership across the St Clair location.
50% Identify, lead, and manage the site portfolio of opportunities to execute, deliver, and capture value for the site and business. Utilize the appropriate lean and/or six sigma tools (Kaizen, Statistically Supported Decision Making (SSDM), 5S, Six Sigma, Project Identification and Selection Workshops (PISW), Value Stream Mapping (VSM)) to garner maximum value for the site and the BU.
20% Build and expand capabilities across the site. Interact and collaborate with BU and local leaders within the Production Excellence, Capital Excellence, Reliability Excellence, and related Operations Continuous Improvement roles. Be an expert trainer in the use of continuous improvement tools for the site and BU.
15% Drive results through a metrics management approach (project charters, value tracker, portfolio management, 5 step value realization, etc). Own the manufacturing capability and performance metrics as defined by the business for the site as well as the processes with which to improve the metric. Ensure accuracy and data integrity of the metric.
15% Support the governance of the Production Excellence model through direct leadership in the areas of Continuous Improvement, Change Management, and by assisting the site through process oriented changes and MANEX vision. Use appropriate tools to communicate results in these areas to site leadership. Utilize sustainment tools, understand gaps and drive improvement as well as any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with minimum or 5 or more years' supervisory experience, directly or indirectly managing others in a manufacturing or operations environment
- OR 2-yr Associate's degree with 8 or more years of supervisory experience, directly or indirectly managing others in a manufacturing or operations environment
- Participated in or led 5 or more cost savings or efficiency projects with measurable results
- 1 or more years of experience managing projects that span across multiples teams or functions within an organization to accomplish project goals
- 3 or more years of experience performing analytical problem solving: Able to identify problems; able to apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify root causes
- Kaizen Leader, Green Belt, Black Belt or other Lean training certification
- Experience working within a Manufacturing Excellence or Operational Excellence Model
- Experience working with an array of operations and business functions including Environmental, Health & Safety, Food Safety, Quality & Regulatory, Supply Chain, and Finance
- Working knowledge of or experience working with Reliability Excellence maintenance practices
- One or more years of experience leading an organization through rapid change using Change Management tools.
- Experience with or exposure to Manufacturing Excellence in two or more Cargill business units
- Experience training or developing others.
Job Research and Development
Primary Location US-MI-Saint Clair
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job