3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Utilities Supervisor-BUT00484 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
DescriptionCargill Value Added Protein
Providing quality value-added products for foodservice
The Cargill Value Added Protein (CVAP) combination brings together two high-performing businesses into an entity that has the potential to positively influence and create value for the foodservice industry and the Cargill enterprise. For stakeholders of both business units, this creates the opportunity to share expertise and enhance the value-added protein business segment together. CVAP is now organized into two Operating Units - beef and poultry - with 12 plants and 3,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada
This role is responsible for operation, distribution, maintenance, and management of HVAC, ammonia refrigeration, electrical, water, natural gas, DAF, Fire System, and compressed air systems to satisfy production and operating requirements in a safe and efficient manner. The role will assist the PSM coordinator to ensure compliance requirements.
to ensure all products meet quality, cost, volume and service delivery requirements.
to engage the workforce to create a culture focused on safety and accountability, and to ensure an inclusive environment where people are developed and careers can be fulfilled.
to operate as a good corporate citizen through community involvement and giving, and environmental leadership.
to manage operational expense budgets and deliver on all safety, food safety, operational, product quality, and engagement metrics.
80% Responsible for:
- Operation, distribution , maintenance, and management of electrical, water, natural gas, HVAC, ammonia refrigeration, DAF, Fire System and compressed air systems to satisfy production and operating requirements in a safe and efficient manner.
- Also, the role is responsible for the Energy Team.
- This position will work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays, as projects and the need arises.
- The role will direct the activities of a group of refrigeration mechanics and DAF operators.
20% Engaged Employees:
- Create an environment where all employees are expected to be active members of the team.
- Involve employees in the business and hold them accountable to expectations.
- Recognize and celebrate successes.
- Challenge people to be better than they thought possible.
- Create opportunities for growth and development.
- Ensure an inclusive environment that is representative of the local market.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering OR 2 or more years of technical experience in the food industry
- Experience with Ammonia Refrigeration, DAF, or other Highly Hazardous Processes/Industrious settings
- Must be able to obtain CIRO/CARO certification within 2 years if not currently certified
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as need arises
- Ability to work various shifts as need arises
- Demonstrated strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong communication (verbal and written) - ability to get message across to a variety of audiences.
- Experience building a culture of teamwork, collaboration, accountability and the empowerment of employees.
- Previous supervisor experience
- Strong presentation skills - comfortable putting together presentations and talking to a variety of audiences.
- Experience with regulated Process Safety Management, SAP, and Auto CAD
- Meat processing and / or beef patty production experience.
- RETA CARO Certification
- RETA CIRO Certification
Primary Location US-WI-Butler
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Utilities Supervisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly