GHRS - Organizational Development Sr. Consultant
GHRS - Organizational Development Sr. Consultant-HOP04093 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
As a member of the Global HR Solutions (GHRS) Talent Performance NA team, the Organization Development Senior Consultant is responsible for managing initiatives around team effectiveness, organizational design, culture interventions, and change management (market or site specific). The Organization Development Senior Consultant is expected to be an expert in the processes, tools and methodologies associated with these domain areas as well as having significant insight to external solutions and future thinking which could be brought into solutions. The Organization Development Sr Consultant will serve as a hands-on practitioner supporting enterprises when needed to diagnose, propose and deliver HR solutions within the talent performance domain scope.
The Organization Development Senior Consultant is responsible for partnering closely with the Talent Performance NA organization including the Talent & Performance COE to identify appropriate solutions, align on solution Development creation when necessary, and leveraging existing GHRS solutions and service providers where appropriate. The incumbent will also be responsible for working closely with the GHRS Business Relationship Managers, Market Leads, CBS, other GHRS Regions, and Business HR, in delivering the “continuum of services” across and measuring the quality and performance of such solutions. Must be able to function as high level consultant, using assessment and needs analysis to help determine appropriate solutions for stakeholders.
It will be expected that the incumbent will already have high experience and knowledge in Organization Development, team effectiveness, culture and change management. As well as having a very high experience/skill set/knowledge level in one other (or more) major area of this positions' activity/skill set and a wider lesser level of experience in several other areas including performance management, succession planning, and Learning and Development.
50% - Business Leader
Diagnose, propose, design and deliver HR solutions that help Cargill create a talent-based competitive advantage.
- Represent the needs of the Organization Development team in the diagnosis, design and execution of Organization Development solution offerings.
- Ensure that the organization is providing relevant, effective consulting services to business managers within the talent performance domain.
- Leverage and enforce tools, methodologies and processes to support the effective and efficient delivery of Organization Development solutions
- Work in close partnership with the Talent and Performance COE to identify appropriate solutions, align on solution design creation when necessary, and leveraging existing global solutions and service providers where appropriate
- Collaborate with GHRS Business Relationship Leads, region Market Leads, CBS and Business HR, in delivering the “continuum of services” across the region and measuring the quality and performance of such solutions
- Develop and maintain key internal/external relationships, which may include: business leaders, hiring managers, business/function human resource professionals, industry contacts, employees
- Manage the desired business results are prioritized and the development of organization capability needs are addressed and operationalized
- Provide strategic thought leadership in recommending and developing talent performance solutions that build on business and functional strategic drivers
- Responsible for achieving performance metrics in alignment with Global HR Solutions .
20% - Talent Leader
Provide relevant, effective consulting services to Cargill's businesses and functions.
- Develop and sustain valuable HR solution Organization Development skills and overall effectiveness of teams
- Define and monitor performance and service quality metrics in alignment with Global HR Solutions and Talent & Performance COE strategic objectives
- Provide strategic thought leadership and act as a consultant to accelerate the development of key talent, increase employee engagement and drive high performance
10% - Change Leader
Champion the implementation of Talent and Performance COE solutions in the region to achieve desired business results and provide an excellent client experience.
- Interface with regional HR Solutions, HR COE's, HR Business Partners and HR CBS centers to deliver talent performance solutions
- Represent GHRS NA domain in prioritization activities and escalations in the broader market services area
- Provide geography feedback into services priorities to ensure regional and global adoption
- Promote the use and implementation of tools/technologies within the domain to gain efficiency in delivering HR solutions
15% - Culture Steward
- Champion a strong continuous improvement culture to ensure deployment of scalable, simplified and standardized processes
- Establish a culture of accountability and measurement
- Express, model and reinforce a process-honoring culture
- Strengthen Cargill's employment brand and creating an employer of choice reputation
- Provide strategic thought leadership in driving organizational culture and inclusion and diversity
5% - Value Leader
- Ensure delivery is compliant regionally with laws, regulations, and corporate policies
- Ensure application of standard policies, coordinated globally
- This includes selection, defining scope, metrics and performance
- Monitor key performance metrics that drive high performance and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Bachelor's degree
- 10 years of relevant business and/or human resources experience
- Experience anticipating issues, problem solving and implementing solutions, including referring critical issues to the appropriate level of management, and improving efficiency, quality, cost and productivity
- Demonstrated ability to build strong client relationships and influence key stakeholders
- 5 years of experience in Organization Development, team effectiveness, change management or culture as well as other talent performance domain methodologies, tools and processes (performance management, succession planning, L&D)
- Ability to identify and implement opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness and reduce cost
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities simultaneously in a lean environment.
- Experience in learning, designing and implementing new and / or improved processes (both people and businesses.)
- Demonstrated strong business acumen
- Strong drive for results with results/outcome focus
- Fluent in English Strong leadership, stakeholder management and communication skills - ability to thrive as part of a regional and global team
- Strong analytical and assessment skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proven consulting and contracting skills that drive high performance
- Demonstrated understanding of evolving HR landscape and demonstrated capability of assisting in organizational change efforts
- Competence in connecting people to each other and the business strategy, leveraging technology and processes where appropriate
- Excellent teacher and coach with a desire to build capability in the organization and others
- Ability to travel as required, up to 30%, mostly within region
- Master's degree in applicable field (OD) Experience in a shared services organization
- Project management experience
- Significant Organizational Development and Change Management experience
- Process Development experience Systems Thinking capability
Job Human Resources
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job