Senior Business Analyst Consultant - SAP Finance Consultant
Senior Business Analyst Consultant - SAP Finance Consultant-HOP04105 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Senior Business Analyst Consultant - SAP Finance Consultant will work closely with business partners and internal teams by providing functional expertise and insight to implement and execute complex process, data, and technology solutions for the SAP Finance solution. Candidates for this position are expected to be professionals with substantial knowledge in the implementation space and have experience on low, medium and high rigor IT projects This job requires an experienced analyst who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization, lead others, drive results, and make challenging decisions across extremely complex, varied tasks where problems are vaguely defined and strategic in nature.
This position participates and/or leads the implementation of the Finance Solution which supports and enables Cargill's Finance / RTR Cash Management, Customs & Tax, Cost and Financial accounting processes for business units. This position will also collaborate and help support finance related activities within the other process areas.
This position is expected to follow the Cargill Project Delivery Process and Requirements Analysis framework.
Candidates must demonstrate the following competencies: Change Management, Ability to navigate through ambiguity, Collaborates beyond team boundaries, Courage, Resilience, Ability to translate the “As Is” to the “To Be” while understanding broader impact, Empathy and Effective Communication skills with BU facing partners.
60% - Process and Project Execution and Value Realization:
- Provides input to support the “go live” and “post go live” activities, including training, testing, troubleshooting, data validation, and issue resolution. These activities require knowledge in one or more specialized areas and may require additional research and interpretation to determine issues.
- Identify issues relating to missing or misinterpreted business requirements. Lead and contribute to the problem solving of solution gaps and implementation issues complex and objective in nature requiring broad perspective and interpretation so that corrective actions can be developed and applied accordingly.
- Advocate quality of solutions that meet or exceed defined business requirements for one or more specialized areas and may require additional research and interpretation to create innovative solutions.
- Lead teams and guide, explain, and clarify solution options and influence business partner decision making to minimize the amount of project investment divergence from target architecture. Persuade senior internal and external stakeholders to accept new ideas, approaches, and concepts as required within a region.
- Evaluate multiple process solutions to business scenarios and form recommendations based on cost/benefit analysis, taking into account industry best practice and leveraging in-depth and broad knowledge over several business process areas in one or more countries.
- Manage workload and priorities to deliver agreed upon project milestones and objectives set by the business unit or function.
15% - Process and Solution Management, Analysis, and Design:
- Responsible for enabling integration of a subset of complex process areas, including data, education and security across a limited subset of the organization.
- Provides technical insight to the analysis of data for groups looking to upload their records into complex solutions, and advises on the best method for transition and archival.
- Requirements Gathering - Assess Business Unit/Function needs, clearly eliciting, translating, and documenting business and functional requirements across multiple process areas and communicating with influence and persuasion as necessary to reach agreement.
- Prepare high and detailed estimations of effort in order to achieve a preferred solution.
- Process and System Analysis - Lead requirements discussions with key senior stakeholders.
- Risk and Issue Assessment -Identify, assess, and develop mitigation plans for highly complex risks and issues within a broadly defined and complex environment and escalate as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the BU/Function and key project SMEs to identify, analyze, interpret, and prioritize business requirements ensuring alignment with one or more process advisors and BU/Functions.
- Identify and actively influence to accept new concepts and the change management, communication, and training needs.
- Translate specialized or ambiguous business requirements for medium to high complexity design specifications for one or more process, data, or technology areas in one or more countries.
15% - Business Partnering and Relationship & Service Management:
- Create and maintain long-term working relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders, including technology teams, functional counterparts, vendors, developers, and business partners.
- Engage and influence business sponsors and users and contribute value to their targeted business outcomes. Indirectly and at times directly influence objectives and goals for a business unit or geography.
- Champion collaboration and facilitate coordination with all involved that enable delivery in team environment.
- Engage and influence developers to ensure efficiency and solution quality.
- Collaborate, lead and champion change with key internal and external senior stakeholders, peers, and senior leadership members to ensure complex solutions are implemented successfully.
10% - People and Budget Management:
- Collaborate and support other team members during requirements, design, build, and test phases.
- Provides input to staffing plans at the project-level to identify key / required skills.
- Holds project team resources accountable to their deliverables and ensures project execution.
- Lead and mentor less experienced staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7 years business experience or related experience on medium to large scale projects.
- Data conversion experience
- Proven record of interacting with multiple business units or functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate technical and business information effectively to both technical and non-technical people.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to understand our business, work across business units, be a team player and work in a team-oriented environment.
- Experienced working with ambiguity and a fast paced and changing environment.
- Strong problem solving/decision-making skills.
- Experience leading, persuading and influencing others, including senior level internal and external personnel .
- Established skills in identifying and developing strategies to address change management issues.
- SAP experience in at least 3 of the following areas: FI/Financial Accounting, Cost Center Accounting, Product Costing, COPA, Tax (One Source, Vertex, or similar), Customs, WBS/Project Accounting, Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management/Treasury
- MBA or similar Financial or Accounting degree
- Familiarity with IT Application Development Lifecycle Methodology
- Experience conducting both onsite and remote training
Job Information Technology
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job