2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Maintenance Mechanic-MIL00790 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Meat Solutions
Cargill Meat Solutions is the umbrella organization of Cargill's North American beef, turkey, and food distribution businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 32,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities.
At Cargill Beef, we know that our customers don't just sell products; they sell the reputations behind those products. Our customers provide people with something that they crave and love and it's a product that we love, too. And we understand how deeply the quality of our red meat connects to our customers' reputations. After all, it's our reputation, too. We have been innovating for the last 150 years to bring our partners new solutions that help nourish the world. We continue to aggressively pursue improvements and produce real results that impact not only our operations but our industry, employees and the world around us. By continuously improving our products, processes and services we are ensuring a better, more sustainable future for our employees, for our customers, for our communities and for our company.
The Maintenance Mechanic position would include maintaining optimum functionality for all plant equipment and systems by performing inspections, completing predictive and preventive maintenance measures, and repairing and modifying equipment and systems with the use of a variety of hand tools. This position is also responsible for inspecting buildings, grounds and equipment utilized by the facility, determining immediate and long range needs for maintenance and repair work, entering work orders utilizing maintenance computer programs, completing, signing and returning work orders to the Maintenance Supervisor. Maintenance Mechanics also perform work as assigned by their supervisor, identify follow-up work required, work to improve the condition of all facility departments, work as a team member with a positive attitude, help promote and communicate maintenance and reliability to the organization, and perform other duties including housekeeping, attending safety training, and attending communication meetings.
- 75% - Performs work assigned by supervisor
- 5% - Identify follow-up work and parts required
- 5% -Assist in development and implementation of new systems
- 5% - Complete, Sign and return Work Order to Maintenance Supervisor complete with; Work Description, Symptoms, As Found, As Left, Start / Finish time, and Labor Hours and Note Deficiencies, Delays, any Job Plan Feedback
- 5% - Help promote and communicate Maintenance and Reliability to the Organization
- 5% - Other duties include housekeeping, safety training, and meetings
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Previous maintenance experience
- Associates of Arts or 2 year technical degree in Maintenance Mechanics
- Experience using work order systems
- Experience in a production environment
- Previous Cargill experience
- Work history in the last 12 months
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Maintenance and Reliability
Primary Location US-WI-Milwaukee
Job Type Standard
Apply for Maintenance Mechanic
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly