3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Accounting Manager-COR00447 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Cotton is very proud to be one of the world's largest and oldest cotton businesses. We serve growers, ginners, buyers and textile mills worldwide through our network of buying, selling and shipping offices and our cotton gins and warehouses. We are committed to achieving your objectives through trusted global expertise, proven reliability and comprehensive risk management solutions.
Customers on six continents trust Cargill to provide reliable supply and delivery of their quality requirements. We are committed to using our knowledge and experience to collaborate with customers to help them succeed. As a leading agriculture commodities merchant with global supply chain and risk management capabilities, we are uniquely equipped to help you thrive.
Cargill Cotton originates, trades, and ships raw cotton lint in bale form to spinning mills that in turn produce yarn for the manufacturing of textile products. Cargill Cotton has a presence in all major producing and consuming markets worldwide and moves its cotton from origin to destination by truck, train and ocean vessels via containers. Organized as a global business unit, Cargill Cotton operates from its main trading offices in Memphis (Cordova), TN and Liverpool, UK in addition to origination offices including Sao Paulo, Brazil and Gurgaon, India. While mainly a trading-oriented business, Cargill Cotton also operates cotton warehouses in Memphis, TN and Haslet, TX. Annual sales are $2 billion and gross investment is $500 million. The customer portfolio includes a wide variety of customer profiles from small spinning mills in the Far East to large, vertically integrated customers such as Fruit of the Loom. The US portion of the business represents about 50% of the volume originated and 70% of the total trade. All the directional trading position for the Global BU is done from the US office.
The A&F Supervisor works in a complex business environment with several different trade flows (multiple origins to multiple destinations), interacting daily with the finance and other department teams. This person has responsibility for financial reporting and fiduciary controls for the North America region. This role provides direction to a team of four individuals. This position reports directly to the US Finance Lead and is located in Cordova, TN.
This role will require relocation or necessary travel to the Cordova office as this is the central workplace for the commercial, trade execution and finance teams
MTM Accounting and Financial Reporting (30%)
• Manages the closing and balance sheet reconciliation processes, ensuring compliance with US GAAP, taxation, CFR and other corporate functional COEs.
• Oversees accounting processes including financial statements reporting, foreign currency accounting, fixed assets, JDE general ledger maintenance, DDL reconciliation, governmental reporting, and other accounting activities.
• Coordinates accounting processes that are executed by other supervisors and accountants on the team including journal entries acruals, intercompany accounts, etc.
• Build relationships and leverage the expertise of COE's, functions (FSS, CFR, Treasury, etc.), and CASC Enterprise.
Financial Risk Management (30%)
• Oversees the financial risk management processes daily, weekly and monthly, ensuring reconciliations are performed accurately and on time (examples: daily position, daily P&L, inventory valuation, etc.)
• Develops accounting procedures and tools to facilitate and support the P&L reconciliation process.
• Acts as a subject matter expert for CRM, TSF and Pro-pricing tools in order to ensure correct accounting and understanding of financial implications.
• Oversees timely collection of all accounts receivable for letter of credits and cash payments.
• Monitors the customer portfolio credit risk situation for North America and recommends actions to improve bad debt and avoid unnecessary credit risks.
Talent Development and Management (20%)
• Accountable for direct performance management, training, engagement and succession planning.
• Develops talent in order to promote from within. Drives process improvement changes and encourages sharing of best practices.
• Ensures adequate staffing is in place to best deliver the business strategy.
Internal Controls and Fiduciary Responsibilities (20%)
• Establishes and monitors internal controls and processes to minimize business risks and ensure compliance with governmental regulations and appropriate safeguarding of assets.
• Performs logical access/SOD reviews and monitors system access controls (JDE, ITAS, ICE, banking, CAMs, etc.)
• Responsible for monitoring and documentating current and future trade flows for business controls and tax purposes.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 8 years of financial accounting experience and general month-end closing.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver results in tight deadlines.
- Ability to interact easily with others, good team player.
- Strong process and procedures orientation.
- Keen eye for details and proven quality work.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication skills, written & verbal.
- Demonstrated commitment to internal controls & guiding principles..
- Minimum of 3-5 years of MTM accounting experience.
- Experience with ITAS and JDE.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and improve processes.
- Strong technical accounting skills including GAAP and internal controls.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-TN-Cordova
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Accounting Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly