EHS Supervisor-SPR02031 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
DescriptionCargill Turkey and Cooked Meats facilities utilize state-of-the-art beef and turkey processing capabilities to deliver high-quality meat products to our partners. Advanced technologies and imaginative people create innovative solutions and distinctive value for our customers. Our retail customers come to us from traditional grocers, supermarkets and warehouse clubs to provide their meat and deli needs. We provide innovative solutions for their fresh meat case, frozen meat departments, deli counters, and more.
Cargill Meat Solutions is seeking two EHS Supervisors
in our Springdale, AR Complex for 1st and 2nd shift. The successful candidate will manage all aspects of Environmental, Health and Safety.
- 30% - Facilitates the EHS process for the Cargill Springdale, AR facility as defined by the EHS Manager
- 20% - Initiates and implements EHS management programs and processes for the plant to include supervisor training, employee EHS awareness, problem solving, etc.
- 20% - Responsible for regulatory compliance programs including EPA, OSHA and DOT safety regulations as applicable. This includes program development, training activities, record keeping and accident investigation when necessary
- 15% - Data analysis to identify injury trends and create aggressive risk reduction plans to eliminate injuries and property damage
- 15% - Conduct routine inspections/audits-identify hazards and facilitate corrective action in a timely manner
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6 months Supervisory/Management experience
- Effective and proven communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess the ability to build peer, subordinate, and other level relationships within the organization
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA, EPA laws and regulations
- Must be able to receive First Aid Certification
- Intermediate knowledge of a computer and programs such as Outlook, Word & Excel
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety Management or related field
- 1 year or more of Supervisory/Management experience
Job Safety/Environmental Health
Primary Location US-AR-Springdale
Job Type Standard