Plant Engineer & Maitnenance Manager
Plant Engineer & Maitnenance Manager-NEW01179 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Plant Engineer is accountable for optimizing asset health, maintenance costs and productivity in alignment with Cargill Reliability Excellence policies and procedures and will include:
- Develop, manage and lead the reliability improvement strategies
- Champion defect elimination utilizing reliability engineering techniques, incident investigations and action followup
- Drive action and results utilizing leading and lagging performance metrics and routine dialogue discussions
- Lead the development of objective maintenance cost and labor budget
- Manage capital projects to insure reliability deliverables are met
- Talent development, coaching, mentoring, recruitment and succession planning
- Maintenance: Facilitate the development of site specific strategies for asset health and reliability improvement to prevent, and eliminate, equipment failures utilizing targeted deployment of maintenance strategies, reliable execution of work management practices and reliability engineering principles. Champion failure investigation and problem identification and resolution activities.
- 25% - Talent Management:
Lead the development of human assets by working with locations to develop, engage, promote, coach and mentor talent. Work with locations to develop comprehensive strategies to deploy technical talent training. Serve as a mentor/coach for Associate Engineers as they transition into professional careers, through plant training and into established roles.
- 15% - Governance:
Utilize leading and lagging metrics and performance dialogue discussions with location leadership to drive actions, change and improvement.
- 5% - Capital Projects:
Lead project teams to insure reliability deliverables are met and new assets utilize standard design and components, are accessible and maintainable, and appropriate technologies are applied to maintain and monitor machinery health and condition.
- 5% - Technical Operations:
Boiler, refrigeration, compressed air systems, vacuum systems and waste water treatment leadership and management to ensure efficiency of operations and compliance with regulations.
- 4 year degree in engineering,manufacturing, or technology or at least 5 years of proven maintenance-reliability leadership in a complex, labor intensive environment
- Leading teams through significant change
- Working knowledge of maintenance work management processes (ie planning and scheduling)
- Understanding of Cargill's Asset Health Evaluation (validation, criticality, equipment maintenance strategy deployment) processes
- Training in the use of one, or more, condition monitoring tools (i.e. infrared thermography, oil analysis, vibration analysis, airborne/structural ultrasound, etc.)
- Work experience with Cause Mapping Analysis and Reliability Centered Maintenance Analysis
- Professional verbal and written communication skills to complete proposals, presentations, policies, etc
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems using formal techniques to evaluate systems, equipment and failures.
- Moderate Skill level in Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability professional - CMRP
- Work experience in refrigeration, utilities and waste water treatment equipment and processes
- Managing complex projects in a plant environment
- Lean, 6 Sigma, or other Quality Management Skills
- Basic Level one understanding of Vibration, Infrared, MLT, Ultrasonic, and Motor Circuit evaluation.
- Experience with CMMS- Maximo and or SAP
- Protein Operations experience
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Maintenance and Reliability
Primary Location US-GA-Newnan
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job