Production Supervisor, Cargill Feed & Nutrition
Production Supervisor, Cargill Feed & Nutrition-OGD00094 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Feed & Nutrition develops, manufactures and markets a broad range of animal feeds and customized animal nutrition solutions direct to producers and through dealers in more than 25 countries. The business sells branded products in many species segments, including:
- Pet food
The majority of product is sold through the Cargill®, Nutrena® and non-U.S. Purina® brands. Additional products are sold under the Loyall® pet food brand and Promote® feed additives brand. Commercial agricultural feed is sold in different forms such as concentrate and complete feed.
The business also includes CAN Technologies Inc., which provides technical
services, technology licensing, software and management services to both
internal and external customers.
Supervise and develop direct reports as well as manage programs related to the safe manufacturing and shipment of animal feed products. Responsible for coordinating the logistics for the shipping and receiving of animal feed, lead a group of highly engaged employees, oversee loading and unloading of trucks, daily paperwork, and reviewing truck load orders.
20% Maintain a system that evaluates process improvement sheets and models reports daily for accuracy and changes in trends and acts on any adverse trends or lack of accuracy.
20% Understands the plant flow and what restrictions or bottlenecks cost vs the cost to remove those restrictions or bottlenecks.
20% Employees must be educated and trained to perform their jobs safely and to accept responsibility for their own safety performance.
20% Maintain physical condition and appearance that reflect the standards of quality and service of our business. Ensure that the character of our people professionally represent the brand image.
10% Maintain a system that sets standards on each delivery
10% Utilize a tool (activity schedule) to help manage and execute the numerous requirements you are accountable for.
**This is primarily a day shift position however nights, weekends & holidays will be necessary at times.**
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
- High School Diploma/equivalent or higher
- 2 years supervisory experience in a production/industrial environment
- Ability to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Demonstrated mathematical skills and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to create an environment conductive to teamwork, strong interpersonal skills
- Strong listening skills, written & verbal communication skills, adaptable
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Forklift experience
- Must be able and willing to work from heights (i.e. ladders, catwalks, etc.)
- Working in an indoor/outdoor environment
- Must be able to be on-call to respond to plant emergencies
- Exposure to dust, noise, and temperature fluctuations
- Experience with scheduling/managing production & logistics in a warehouse setting
- Experience in a feed or manufacturing industry
- Inventory management experience
Primary Location US-UT-Ogden
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job