BOSC Accounting & Finance Manager
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
BOSC Accounting & Finance Manager-GAI00809 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The newly created NA FIBI Accounting & Finance organization operates highly efficient processes, utilizing leading technology, working with our shared teams, and delivering key decision support data and insights to enable sound and profitable business decisions. Organized into process towers to sharpen focus and increase efficiencies, this team will work multi-functionally across other finance team including FP&A, CBS-Finance, COE's, and functions. Together, we function as one finance to achieve our shared vision of operating at the top of our profession to deliver world class financial solutions to the businesses in which we serve.
The BOSC A & F Manager is a key member of the FIBI NA A&F BOSC finance leadership team. This position is part of an enterprise-wide team that is accountable for balancing fiduciary responsibility and business partnering while actively promoting the creation of value within a strong framework of controls in the FIBI NA BOSC Accounting and Finance group. This role leads and provides direction to plant accountants and analysts at one of our three key hub locations in FIBI NA and oversees the effective and efficient delivery of decision support activities for 6-12 plant locations across various FIBI business groups. This role is responsible for leading, advising and making decisions on complex activities both at the hub and other supported locations. Decisions support activities include accounting processes, procedures and compliance (including month end close); plant cost analysis and reporting; yield analysis; plant financial controls, capital spending, systems and data management; and people, talent development, and resource management. Management reporting will lead to deep understanding of business results and drive informed decisions to create value for the business. The role also oversees continuous improvement of key plant finance processes and is business partner with FP&A colleagues and Plant Facility Managers. This position requires strong financial, people leadership, business acumen, data management expertise, influencing and change management skills, and will work across a number of FIBI business with different systems and processes.
Develop and Manage High Performance Team -Accountable for performance management, talent development, succession planning and engagement of team. Establish clear performance and development goals, expectations, and metrics. Provide real time coaching, feedback and recognition to ensure the team is meeting the finance objectives. Inspire a shared sense of purpose and direction with excitement for the future. Lead team through significant change using change management solutions to reinforce A&F and overall finance vision.
- Business Partnering/Decision Support -Responsible for team delivery of timely, accurate and consistent management reporting and identifying business insights to enhance decision making. Work with plant management teams to identify opportunities, develop potential solutions and implement initiatives that bring value through increased revenue and reduced costs. Participate in implementation of complex BU finance initiatives and process improvements such as Finance Shared Services, ERP system changes, etc. Partner with FP&A and other A&F BOSC finance leaders to integrate new KPIs and metrics into reports and dashboards to measure success.
- Oversee Plant Financial Reporting Processes - Utilizes extensive knowledge of the business and accounting principles to assist management with questions regarding plant financial performance. Reviews and analyzes complex/significant financial issues. Drive continuous improvement and optimization of plant finance activities including management reporting, and drive further migration of activities to CBS-Finance.
- Manages execution of controls framework at plant locations - This position will oversee facility efforts to maintain a control environment which safeguards assets, ensures integrity of financial statements, and is in compliance with government and Cargill reporting requirements.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting OR Finance
- 10 or more years of accounting or finance experience in a leadership position
- 5 or more years of supervisory experience leading projects or people
- Any experience in plant operations accounting
- Plant aptitude
- Strong familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Experience with J.D. Edwards accounting software
- Experience with SAP accounting software
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others, proven ability in talent development and building high-performing teams, motivates for high performance
- Ability to communicate, influence and build trust across multiple stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects effectively
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills, including strong financial analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to internal controls
- Ability to lead, adapt and learn in a changing work environment
- Demonstrated change agility
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Experience leveraging financial and business systems to monitor business activities and aid in decision making
- Demonstrated ability to create a team culture of continuous improvement, process optimization, and intellectual curiosity
Primary Location US-GA-Gainesville
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for BOSC Accounting & Finance Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly