Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory Supervisor
Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory Supervisor-HAZ00675 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This position is responsible for leading the 2nd Shift FSQR hourly team members to ensure that all product is wholesome and meets all product specifications while ensuring the safest working environment possible. This position works closely with all levels of management and the USDA, ensuring compliance with applicable regulatory requirements. The person in this position is responsible for managing and owning various functions of the business and creating an engaged and team-oriented workforce in order to improve business results.
A high performer in this position will identify problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolve issues; ensure production resources (including matierals, equipment, and human resources) are available as needed to maintain product schedules; support continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost, and customer service.
Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory Systems Management (60%)
- Verification and/or maintenance of HACCP, SSOP, and prerequisite programs, raw materials, manufacturing processes, plant environment, and finished product. Collaborate with operations on the initiation of corrective action and preventative measures when necessary. Ensure adherence to corporate, regulatory, and location food safety and quality requirements. Customer food safety and quality requirements. Participation and preparation for plant tours and audits.
Engaged Employees (30%)
- Create an environment where all are expected to be active members of the team - involved in the business. Recognize and celebrate successes. Challenge people to be better than they thought possible. Create opportunities for growth and development. Ensure an inclusive environment that is representative of the local market.
Other Projects (10%)
Assisting the location in various projects relating to safety, food safety, regulatory, environment, process improvement, engagement, training, etc.
- 4 year degree in food science or related degree/program
- Minimum 2 years food manufacturing work experience
- Occasional travel - 10%
- Bilingual skills
- Minimum 1 year supervisory experience
- Food safety, quality, and regulatory knowledge and work experience
At Cargill, we believe that employees must have the opportunity to do what they do best every day. We want to understand the things that you do better than others - the talents that you rely on to succeed. As part of the application process, you may be asked to complete an online assessment. The assessment will help us determine whether our jobs will allow you to use your unique talents to their full potential.Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Primary Location US-PA-Hazleton
Job Type Standard
Shift Night Job