SAP Applications Manager - Commericals
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
SAP Applications Manager - Commericals-HOP04117 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The SAP Applications Manager - Commercials is responsible for the solution design, build, support, integrity and management of the technologies within the domain for the SAP Instance serving the Food Ingredients & Bio-Industrial (FIBI) Global Enterprise. As a strong business partner the Applications Manager understands business challenges and opportunities and works to lead the design and maintenance of value added solutions to meet the set business requirements.
The Commercial domain encompasses the following areas:
- Customer Facing Capabilities
- Sourcing & Origination
- Commodity Pricing, Trading and Risk Management
- Digital Commerce
The position requires a strong leader who can partner effectively across Global IT and with third-party partners; a strong expertise in commercial business processes and standard SAP applications that support those processes; a demonstrated understanding of the critical integration with Operations business solutions and modules in SAP.
Collaboration and alignment with other critical teams, including Regional Deployment Centers, Cargill Business Services, SAP Group Functions (for global shared applications) and Business Process Organization will be critical in order to achieve excellent outcomes.The SAP Applications Manager - Commercials will be responsible for building, developing and maintaining a high performing team that delivers on all aspects of the solutions offered for the FIBI Enterprise SAP Instance.
40%- People Leadership and Team Management
- Select, develop, engage & retain a high performing team
- Provide resource management leadership to ensure team is agile and focused on the right priorities and completion of work
- Direct the effective development of individuals, teams & organizational capability to achieve results. Ensure that depth and breadth of knowledge of the Commercial area is maintained and developed within the team.
- Define, document, maintain and communicate clear and unambiguous roles and responsibilities
- Deliver timely & effective performance feedback.
- Proactively coach employees in career/performance development.
- Execute employee management processes (including staffing decisions, coaching, development plans, performance evaluations).
- Establish & lead a culture of engagement and empowerment in which team members develop & apply their talents while enabling work/life choice.
- Support, encourage & facilitate collaboration & communication between teams.
- Demonstrate & reinforce Cargill's Guiding Principles & Cargill Leadership Model attributes.
- Provide thought leadership and solution management knowledge in support of deployment projects as well as all other projects within the areas of responsibility.
- Ensure software development fulfills requirements of the business and stated business case.
- Accountable for the integrity of the solution in the areas of responsibility, and as such driving for the right governance of changes to the functionality and capabilities delivered through the solution.
- Accountable for successful design, build and test of application development deliverables in alignment with the SAP Instance Solution Roadmaps. adhering to the defined timeline, budget, quality, and documentation requirements.
- Negotiate the service capacity for fulfillment of demand to minimize the cost of fulfillment and schedules demand accordingly.
- Align with other Global SAP teams to further drive for standardization on IT processes and leveraging work across the commercial domain
- Align with Enterprise Solution Management teams ensuring adherence to Enterprise Standards, must haves and target/reference architecture, while maintaining the flexibility to add value at the instance level through Solution Architecture supported by the Global SAP Architecture team.
- Manage the application maintenance and support processes for the TC2 Commercial domain.
- Responsible for the Commercial capability and solutions deployed within the businesses and engage appropriately to ensure business continuity.
- Monitor service performance in alignment with the ITIL Service Level Management Process.
- Provide performance metrics, scorecards, etc. and address non-compliance of SLAs/OLAs with corrective actions to remedy the trends.
- Lead and incorporate industry best practices for enhancements/WIDMs, escalated incident management and User enablement within the team.
- Ensure successful execution of sponsored projects, proactive maintenance, enhancements, and upgrades keeping the SAP Instance operationally excellent.
- Partners with TC2 Service Delivery Manager to drive continuous improvement and operational excellence activities to achieve service improvements.
- Ensure that depth and breadth of knowledge of the Commercials area is maintained to provide appropriate support in the enablement of technology solutions.
- Ensure the different functional teams in the Commercials area are focused on Continuous Improvement
- Process efficiency improvements that benefits the business and/or the IT organization
- New functionality and capabilities from innovation perspective are evaluated and if applicable applied
- Moving from Custom programs and transactions back to standard SAP
- Ideation and innovation in the SAP domain through continuous learning, education and curiosity
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 years of Sales, Sourcing and/or Trading experience in the IT environment
- Experience with managing a highly skilled and diverse team of IT professionals
- Working knowledge with SAP in one or more of the following: SD, MM, GTM, CM-CPE
- Experience and knowledge in a major process (logistics, production, finance, controlling, reporting)
- SAP functional and technical experience
- Experience working in at least one of the major processes or depth in another area of process, data & technology
- Ability to translate business process requirements into process, data and technology solutions
- Ability to work through different time zones within the business and global teams
- Able and willing to travel regionally and/or internationally between 25%-50%
- Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Sourcing and/or Trading experience in the IT environment
- Demonstrated ability to use current standards / technologies, as well as create new solutions to meet business needs
- Overall knowledge of application architecture methodologies
- Knowledge of interfaces and integration between different applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills at all levels of the organization, including the ability to communicate technical and business information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven and demonstrated conflict management, influencing, negotiation and consulting skills
- Ability to manage ambiguous situations.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within a service environment.
- Ability to translate business requirements into process, data and technological models and specifications in an efficient way for a highly complex and critical application
- Demonstrated commitment to uphold internal controls
- International perspective and ability to operate effectively across cultures
- Transformational Leadership skills with a deep understanding and practical application of Cargill's change framework that will enable the continued transition of activities in alignment with our CBS strategy.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for SAP Applications Manager - Commericals
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly