Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift
Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift-LOU00054 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Metals beginnings date back to 1832, when C. Tennant, Sons and Company began as a merchandiser of various commodities. Cargill, Incorporated acquired C. Tennant, Sons and Company as a wholly owned subsidiary in 1972. The subsidiary became a department of Cargill in 1986 and was renamed Cargill Ferrous International to focus on ferrous raw materials and steel related products. Today, CFI is a leading trader, distributor and provider of risk management solutions serving the global ferrous industry. Our mission is to provide liquidity and risk management solutions for our partners including mines, scrap-yards, steel producers and steel consumers.
The Maintenance Technician will maintain plant equipment, records of equipment PM and repairs, and spare parts inventory to minimize cost and downtime. This position will become proficient in the operation of plant equipment. This position will maximize productivity through maintaining current preventative maintenance programs. This position will actively participate in plant safety and quality programs. The Maintenance Technician will assist the maintenance supervisor/production supervisors in all aspects of day to day maintenance of the plant.
30% - Maintain optimum functionality for all plant equipment and systems by performing inspections, completing predictive and preventive maintenance measures (including data entry), repairing and modifying equipment and systems.
25% - Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment utilized by facility; determine immediate and long range needs for maintenance and repair work. Enter work orders utilizing maintenance computer program.
25% - Operate safely within Cargill policies, procedures, and government regulations and fully participate in Cargill Safety Programs (BBS, EHS Audits, monthly safety inspections, etc.).
15% - Complete all housekeeping assignments, work to improve the condition of all facility departments, and work as a team member with a positive attitude.
5% - Work extended shifts, as necessary, including weekends and holidays, and take call-ins to make repairs. Shift work maybe necessary depending on business needs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year working experience in the following areas or vocational school/ tech school certificate:
- Mechanical troubleshooting
- inspection/replacement of bearings, gearboxes, drive shafts, rolls, drive chains, etc.
- basic understanding of mechanical drawings
- Electrical troubleshooting
- testing/replacement of limit switches, sensors, fuses, push buttons, etc.
- basic understanding of electrical prints
- inspection/testing of DC motors (480 volts)
- Hydraulic/Pneumatic troubleshooting
- checking/replacing directional valves, flow control valves
- replacing hoses, fittings, shut off valves
- maintaining level in hydraulic tanks, oil reservoirs, etc.
- Demonstrated mechanical/electrical aptitude including:
- basic use of measuring instruments/precision tools
- use of various types of fasteners
- ability to work with various types of piping, fittings, and valves
- cutting and welding
- packing/sealing/gasket products
- air/steam/condensate traps
- rotating shaft components
- rigging for lifting
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions as needed
- Ability to work effectively/positively in a team environment
- Demonstrated good attendance record
- Effective communication skills (written, and verbal)
- Work permits must be filled out prior to performing some maintenance tasks.
- Proficient computer skills, including data entry and data retrieval
- Good working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, and associated EHS programs
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather conditions, and climb ladders and work from heights
- Associates Degree,Technical Degree, Vocational Degree, or Bachelors Degree in related field.
- 5 years experience in one or more of the following; Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic or Pneumatic equipment troubleshooting, repair and maintenance.
Job Maintenance and Reliability
Primary Location US-TN-Loudon
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job