D&BI Sr. Business Analyst
D&BI Sr. Business Analyst-HOP04120 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
As a Senior Business Analyst (BA) you will work on a product team using Agile Scrum methodology to design, develop, deploy and support solutions that leverage the Cargill big data platform. The Sr. BA will work with Enterprise Architecture, D&BI Solution Architects, and Data Engineers to understand business unit requirements, create designs, and test solutions to ensure they meet business unit needs and objectives. The Sr. BA is expected to leverage common solutions and services, and to follow Global IT design standards and principles.
40% - Requirements
- Assess Business Unit/Function needs clearly eliciting, translating, and documenting requirements in the form of user stories
- Communicate and clarify the requirements to the design and development resources.
- Analyze and interpret data and information to guide solution decisions
- Provide subject matter expertise in one or more business process areas and or analytics solutions.
- Plan for acceptance of solution (change management, communication, training needs)
40% - Solution Design and Testing:
- Create solution designs that meet business requirements, leverage common solutions, and meet cost/delivery objectives.
- Perform reviews with key stakeholders throughout the design lifecycle to ensure alignment and requirements coverage. This may include but is not limited to the following activities: design reviews, testing execution, deployment verifications, and customer satisfaction reviews.
- Identify risks and design controls to mitigate or eliminate risks.
- Guide solution options and business partner decision making to minimize the amount of project investment divergence from target architecture
- Create test plan, test scripts and perform system testing.
- Create supporting solution design documentation to ensure sustainment of the solution.
- Support “go live/hypercare” activities, including remedial training (if necessary), solutioning break/fix tasks and miscellaneous trouble-shooting.
10% - Business Partnering
and Relationship/Service Management:
- Champion collaboration and enable delivery in an agile team environment
- Engage and influence developers to ensure productivity and solution quality
- Effectively engages stakeholders in change management activities
- Provides training and education to business information lead and super users on the application of complex report solutions.
- Applies a substantial understanding of business analytics to determine best practices, and recommends how to improve current practices.
5% - People and Budget Management:
- Provides coaching and/or training to more junior members on design, build, test activities and deliverables.
- May participate in selection of employees and provide input on plans for future workforce needs.
- Manages workload and priorities to deliver agreed upon project milestones
- Prepares high and detailed level estimations for their project work.
- Bachelor's degree or higher or 5 years of IT Project Delivery / IT Business Analyst experience
- 5 years relevant business experience
- Curious about data and passionate to bring business value through data insights and advanced analytics
- Proactive, creative questioning and problem solving skills
- Strong collaboration skills to translate their needs into a technical model or solution
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in ambiguous environments
- Willingness and aptitude to learn the SAP and Non-SAP business intelligence capabilities
- Ability to make decisions independently within scope or boundaries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience facilitating meetings and/or group discussions.
- Strong information research and gathering
- Prior business intelligence experience
- Past business analyst experience in an agile scrum environment
- Experience working with Power BI, Tableau, and Business Objects reporting tools
- 1 years SAP experience (as a user or an implementation team member) and/or ERP implementation experience
- Past experience working with a global team
- Work experiences across multiple lines of businesses
Job Information Technology
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job