2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Principal Scientist-PLY00387 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Principal Scientist leverages Global Edible Oil Solutions (GEOS) technical expertise, GEOS unit operations knowledge, product commercialization experience business acumen, to design, develop and monetize solutions that provide value to customers in the Food Ingredients segment. The incumbent is a self driven initiator, proactively exploring opportunities, driving innovation and delivering value added technical solutions to customers and Cargill.
30% Leverage customer insights, strategic direction, consumer trends, unmet needs and deep understanding of Cargill capabilities to identify and drive R&D opportunities in the bakery space.
20% In conjunction with Sales and marketing counterparts, develop and co-own execution of Customer Development Plans (CDP's) across bakery customer base. Develop and maintain deep customer relationships and drive all customer pull product development projects from bench through commercialization, leveraging cross functional resources as needed to identify/deliver and qualify Cargill solutions. Provide technical support and service necessary to ensure effective customer implementation.
20% Deliver results against assigned market forward opportunities from bench through commercialization and facilitate implementation at customer locations.
20% Deliver results against “Partner of Choice branding by providing exceptional technical service and support across internal & external customer base, including general troubleshooting, quality issue resolution, processing/application concerns and technical training.
5% Support technical training and professional development of team members.
5% Foster and promote the Cargill GEOS brand through representation at industry meetings and active participation in industry/trade organizations as assigned.
- Travel approximately 40%
- Four-year undergraduate degree in a related scientific discipline, such as food science, chemistry, food technology
- Demonstrated track record of developing and cultivating relationships within an organization
- 10 years of experience in a product development, research or technical service role related to food (industry and/or academia)
- Experience engaging with customers and delivering technical solutions
- Demonstrated track record of effective cross-functional partnerships
- Demonstrated teamwork and the ability to effectively lead and collaborate with others
- Demonstrated ability to influence others outside of formal reporting relationships
- Effective oral, written, presentation and communication skills
- Advanced degree in a related scientific discipline, such as food science, chemistry, food technology
- 15 years R&D or technical service experience in fats and oils
- Bakery experience
- 4 years customer interfacing experience
- Demonstrates practical business acumen and ability to monetize R&D projects
- Demonstrated ability to teach and coach others
- Project management experience
- Experience in solution formulation and plant scale-up
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Research and Development
Primary Location US-MN-Plymouth
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Principal Scientist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly