2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Administrative Assistant-OVE00212 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This position will provide administrative support to the Leadership team for Cargill Feed and Nutrition located in Kansas City. We require strong interpersonal and organizational skills. You will assist with daily workflow including email, scheduling, travel arrangements, phone coverage, and other administrative duties as directed. Must possess strong skills in pulling data and information from existing system and compiling into meaningful reports and presentations through the effective use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Must be a highly organized, self-starter with business judgment, strong initiative, follow through skills and appropriately handle confidential materials. Add value as a member of the business unit through strong administrative, organizational, technical and communication skills.
- 25% Maintain Outlook calendar and emails as directed, answer phones, direct calls and inquiries, prepare expense reports and monitor travel expenses, backup mail room.
- 25% Coordinate domestic travel arrangements and make hotel arrangements for incoming visitors.
- 20% Plan events for both on-site and off-site meetings including setting up conference calls and arranging meals (i.e., Leadership Team Meetings, Sales Meetings, Conference Calls)
- 20% Prepare Power Point presentations, word processing documents, and Excel spreadsheets, using MS Office software. Pull and manipulate data from existing Cargill to systems to build reports and presentations.
- 10% Special projects (i.e., update PDL and contact information, maintain SharePoint website updates, leadership schedule)
- 3 years of administrative experience
- Ability to manage and organize priorities
- Ability to work independently and also as a team member
- Must be flexible and exhibit positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong MS Office experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- Thrives in finding new challenges in an ever changing environment
- Knowledge of the business and NIS
- Agricultural Background
- B.S. or B.A.
Job Administrative/Support Services
Primary Location US-KS-Overland Park
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Administrative Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly