SMTS Product Lead
SMTS Product Lead-HOP04003 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Format Solutions is the industry-leading feed and food software solutions business. Our commitment is to bring value to our customers through a comprehensive, integrated set of software offerings, industry knowledge and expertise in animal and human nutrition. We enable this commitment by being a proven and trusted technology partner, understanding our customers businesses and bringing significant industry knowledge and investment in software and services solutions to our customers - helping them to grow their business.
Driven by Cargill's mission to be the leader in nourishing the world in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way, Format Solutions, www.FormatSolutions.com, operates as a separate and distinct business, driven to be the global leader in delivering a state-of-the-art platform of digital capabilities and solutions to our customers that leverage our organizational knowledge and expertise in animal and human nutrition and mill and farm operations. We are building a world class organization centered on what our customers need in order to help them be successful in their own businesses. We are committed to innovate and develop our products and services so we can deliver the best technology solutions to the market.
This SMT (Strategy, Marketing, Technology) Product Lead position will provide appropriate leadership, organization, and integration to deliver a range of different size and complexity Digital Nutrition commercial projects/products. This position will work together with our Format Solutions product management, customer service, go to market and other key customer stakeholders to ensure commercial projects/solutions are implemented successfully and customer functionality needs are met. This position is accountable for providing direction related to commercial software product requirements gathering, architecture, design, construction, and testing, leveraging Agile Scrum as our foundational methodology.
This position will lead a team of talented requirements analysts, software engineers, and quality assurance engineers and will be the primary contact for our group of Digital Nutrition SMT commercial projects/products. The SMT Product Lead will be responsible for resource planning and allocation for effective project/product delivery, ensuring that customer project demand, product maintenance items, and 3rd level support escalations are effectively prioritized and implemented. As needed, he/she will be expected to manage external vendor/sourcing partnerships as required to deliver results.
40% Talent Management:
- Supervise the product team and ensure proper team management as per Cargill's and Format Solutions' processes.
- Provide direction, coaching, and development for team members as appropriate.
- Execute all Cargill and Format Solutions defined talent management processes for their group.
- Develop a culture of engagement and inclusiveness within the team.
- Communicate key messages to team.
- Support, encourage and facilitate collaboration and communication between teams.
- Accountable for workforce planning efforts in their area (headcount forecasted demand, succession planning, coaching, and team engagement).
- Change agent and collaboration leader that enables delivery globally.
- Lead complex change management efforts.
30% Project Delivery and Product Maintenance Management:
- Ensure that delivery of commercial projects/products is in accordance to expectations and within performance metrics of scope/quality/schedule/budget.
- Ensure delivery of tested software to meet internal Cargill Animal Nutrition and external customer needs.
- Partner with Scrum Masters and Project Managers to succeed in delivering projects within agreed performance metrics.
- Manage budgets including reviewing and reconciling invoices and time sheets.
- Champion process adherence in team and ensures processes are followed.
- Assist Delivery Team in creating / developing intellectual property for service/product offerings.
- Report project and team performance measures and drives continuous improvement of results.
- Manage 3rd level support escalations per defined service levels.
20% Resource and Vendor Management:
- Manage supply of resources to match planned demand in project/product pipeline.
- Ensure utilization of resources in team to agreed targets.
- Lead/Establish relationships with external sourcing partners/vendors for resourcing solutions.
- Hold sourcing partners/vendors accountable to agreed upon outcomes.
- Handle issues and risks associated with sourcing partners and contractor management.
- Lead project/service offering estimation process and resource requirements plans that ensure successful delivery of the proposed project/product. Ensure estimation is completed for all technologies for projects assigned to the team.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that demand is accurate.
- Develop resource plans to satisfy long term view of demand.
5% Marketing/Sales & Product Management Support/Thought Leadership:
- Continuously identify and design software services based on customer and market needs.
- Provide technical leadership and direction for designing comprehensive commercial service/product offerings to address customer business needs.
- Identify, collaborate and develop new service/product offering ideas, and improve current offerings.
- Support the service/product offering messaging process and contribute to the development of intellectual property required to bring new and current commercial offerings to the market.
- Identify/research/incubate new service/product offerings and modify/enhance current offerings based on market and customer needs. As required, participate in customer focus meetings to gauge market demand and needs.
- Present and/or demonstrate the proposed service/product offering to the customer that results in won business.
- Transition sold business to the delivery/support team to ensure a smooth start and effective results delivery.
5% Relationship Management and other duties as assigned:
- Partner with key stakeholders, peers, and leadership members to ensure solutions are implemented successfully.
- Facilitate negotiations and agreements among stakeholders.
- Advise and counsel leaders on solution options while ensuring cohesion with the overall strategy.
- Act as a liaison to other departments.
- Create strategic relationships with technology teams, internal functions, vendors, and business partners
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business, or 10 years equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years successfully working as a senior business analyst, technical lead, or related experience on medium to large scale projects.
- 3 or more years successfully managing and leading teams.
- Experience working in a commercial software project/product development business/team.
- Experience working with Agile as a primary foundational Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Proven record of interacting with multiple businesses and functional teams.
- Experience leading complex projects/products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate technical and business information effectively to both technical and non-technical people.
- Proven conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to understand our commercial software business, work across groups, be a team player and enjoy working in a team-oriented environment.
- Experienced working with ambiguity
- Project demands may from time to time require work during non-standard business hours (especially when working with strategic sourcing partners/vendors in other geographies).
- Ability to travel up to 20% (including international travel).
- Strong problem solving/decision-making skills.
- Experience leading and influencing others, including senior level personnel.
- Established skills in identifying and developing strategies to address change management issues.
- Established subject matter expert in several business process areas.
- Masters degree in Business or Computer Science/IT.
- Experience with commercial feed management, supply chain, or operations software.
- Knowledge of and experience with Change Management.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job