Test Automation Lead
Test Automation Lead-HOP04049 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Format Solutions is the industry-leading feed and food software solutions business. Our commitment is to bring value to our customers through a comprehensive, integrated set of software offerings, industry knowledge and expertise in animal and human nutrition. We enable this commitment by being a proven and trusted technology partner, understanding our customers businesses and bringing significant industry knowledge and investment in software and services solutions to our customers - helping them to grow their business.
Driven by Cargill's mission to be the leader in nourishing the world in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way, Format Solutions, www.FormatSolutions.com, operates as a separate and distinct business, driven to be the global leader in delivering a state-of-the-art platform of digital capabilities and solutions to our customers that leverage our organizational knowledge and expertise in animal and human nutrition and mill and farm operations. We are building a world class organization centered on what our customers need in order to help them be successful in their own businesses. We are committed to innovate and develop our products and services so we can deliver the best technology solutions to the market.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Test Automation Lead will work closely with Format Solutions product teams within an agile framework to ensure the quality delivery commercial software. This position in collaboration with product leads will set the set the vision, strategy, processes, and drive execution for Technical Testing (Automation Engineering, Automation Tools, Performance Testing, and Test Tools strategy)necessary to populate and maintain the automation and technology testing approaches for all Format Solution products. Candidates for this position are expected have extensive experience with developing test automation frameworks and testing for data-driven products for commercially available products. Resource oversight will include direct, indirect, and global resources ranging from testing leads to test automation engineers with success dependent upon managing partners (vendors) to expected outcomes . We're seeking an individual who will challenge the status quo, find efficiencies, and affect change.
40% Technical Test Execution Leadership:
• Manage the Test Execution backlog of the test automation and technical testing team. Included is the management of the execution performance and adherence to deadlines.
• Manage and document the development and implementation of Technical Testing strategy (processes, supporting technology, etc).
• Coordinate with technical teams on environment availability and sizing
• Lead process improvement initiatives within the team to ensure continours improvement in all areas of technical testing.
• Mentor others on the team on automation technique, best practices, and ensure they ar being followed.
• Work across product teams to identify and resolve issues.
• Prepare high and detailed level estimations of effort in order to achieve a preferred solution.
• Create and maintain working relationships with product teams and key stakeholders.
40% Technical Testing Strategy:
• Define and drive architecture of our overall approach to automated testing, from backend functional unit tests to integration, end-to-end, performance, API, UI, and other testing.
• Research and develop advanced automated test suites to exercise our world-class products in an effort to increase test coverage, reduce testing costs, and improve product quality.
• Analyze and decompose complicated software systems and design strategies for automated testing.
• Define metrics to evaluate automation effectiveness and address any issues in a timely manner. This needs to show automation return on investment.
• Evaluate new technologies to improve proceses and automation gaps.
20% Vendor Management:
• Responsible for the management, allocation, and performance of the automation team through strong vendor relationship. This includes definition of roles and responsibilities and the timely acquisition of appropriate resources.
• Ensure routine quality reviews are conducted.
• Hold vendor accountable to agreed upon KPIs.
• Properly manage demand forecast to ensure right resources are in place at the right time.
- University degree in Business, IT or equivalent experience
- 5 years of manual & automation experience
- 5 years experience in large software development project, working with architecture, analysis, technical design and/or development.
- 2 years experience in design and development of test automation frameworks covering different technology and application platforms
- 8 years in software development industry
- Experience with test automation tools
- Proven experience managing vendors with offshore teams to outcomes
- Understanding of proven test management methodologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in implementing test automation in an agile SCRUM setting.
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and lead through ambiguity.
- Project demands may from time to time require work during non-standard business hours. An example would be during a system implementation at a plant which can only happen during scheduled downtime.
- Up to 10% travel.
- Experience leading technical testing teams.
- Testing certification
- Experience working for a commercial software product company
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job