Production Supervisor-RES00275 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading daily grain elevator facility operations and personnel to maximize efficiencies, operate within applicable government regulations and Cargill policy and assists in identifying and developing customer solutions and service.
- 40% Planning and implementation of processes to create a safe work environment and effective use of the work force
and achieve production goals.
- 30% Coaching development, training and management support to employees within the facilities such that goals of the organization are achieved.
- 30% Assist in management of all aspects of State/Federal Regulatory and Cargill compliance programs including: EH&S, Inventory Control, Warehousing, Security, Housekeeping, Food Safety, etc.
- Must be able and willing to work from heights (i.e. ladders, catwalks, etc.) and in an indoor/outdoor environment.
- Experience managing an effective EHS program.
- Expectation to balance work schedules with other Supervisors to accommodate shuttle train loading.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Ability to influence decision-making.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills.
- Knowledge of government regulations.
- 4 year post-secondary education or equivalent experience.
- Grain operations or personnel management experience preferred.
- Capable of delivering innovation.
- Operating efficiency and expense management skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Primary Location US-LA-Reserve
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job