Maintenance and Engineering Manager
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Maintenance and Engineering Manager-DAY02669 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Protein Group has an opportunity available for a Maintenance & Engineering Manager
in Dayton, VA.
Advises, consults, provides strategic oversight governance and delivery support of services across multiple functional technology/engineering domain practice areas for the Dayton facility. This includes Engineering/Technology application management oversight, operational/reliability excellence, production excellence, continuous improvement oversight; financial performance/capital effectiveness, budget and resource management oversight as well as talent management. Partners with Manufacturing Excellence SMEs to assist with the application of continuous improvement leading practices/tools to improve the manufacturing process cost and/or capabilities.
- 20% Gap Assessment/ Solution Identification/Measurement: Promotes strong business/customer partnership to ultimately influence strategic/systemic changes, bridge technology gaps and set organizational goals as well as governance around process improvement and best practices.
- 30% Engineering/Technology Application Management/ Oversight, Training & Support:Responsible for setting strategic/tactical vision, direction, long-term solution execution and process standards governance for a core and/or broader multidisciplinary technology/engineering domain area(s) including platform oversight, cross-functional collaboration as well as global/regional oversight; and/or provides direct/indirect customer support and delivery of services to the Platform/Regions/More Complex BUs.
- 20% Operational/ Production & Reliability Excellence/ Continuous Improvement Oversight: Coordinates with BU Functional Operational leadership/BU Plant management to ensure pro-active approaches for meeting efficiency standards, to recommend process improvements and to develop business case for improved operational effectiveness methods and leading practices. Guides location production and engineering managers in reliability excellence and production excellence implementation. Assists locations management in the execution of reliability best practices and consistency of operations.
- 10% Capital Planning/Project/Portfolio Management: Provides overall leadership to ensure consistency in the development of the capital planning process for base and non-base capital projects.
- 20% Best Practices Governance/Delivery: May directly lead and/or provide strategic governance and oversight on the development/governance of best/leading practices vision, strategy as well as program administration governance for a core technology/domain practice.
- 5-8 years of Maintenance and Supervisory experience.
- Experience managing complex projects in a location environment.
- Ability to plan and execute work with minimal supervision.
- Strong competencies in the areas of leadership, communication, teamwork, interpersonal effectiveness, initiative and process discipline.
- Experience creating and executing plans to drive organizational results.
- Working knowledge of reliability practices.
- Training in Cause Mapping Analysis and Reliability Centered Maintenance Analysis.
- Experience with equipment and processes involving refrigeration, boilers, utilities and waste water treatment.
- Training in Basic Level one understanding of Vibration, Infrared, MLT, Ultrasonic, and Motor Circuit evaluation.
- Training in work management processes, such as planning and scheduling.
- Business fluency (verbal and written) in English.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills to complete proposals, presentations, policies, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex the cynical problems using formal techniques to evaluate systems, equipment and failures.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and implement projects which improve the operational effectiveness of a processing facility.
- Computer skills including use of spreadsheets, word processing tools and understanding of databases; Auto Cad.
- Bachelor of Science
- Experience maintaining a union-free environment.
- CMRP (Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional) is highly preferred
- Strong business experience and understanding of Cargill is preferred
- Managing complex projects and understanding of PDP is highly desirable
- Experience leading continuous improvement initiatives (lean and six sigma)
- Formal training and executing proactive work master plans in predominant proactive maintenance strategies
Primary Location US-VA-Dayton
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Maintenance and Engineering Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly