Mining Project Engineer
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Mining Project Engineer-AVE00336 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Provide technical support and direction to the mining and surface operations through short & long term needs planning, capital & expense budgeting and assistance in problem resolution.
Provide design, estimating, bidding, construction and completion of capital and expense projects.
Increase operational & maintenance efficiencies through the use of various studies, continuous improvement tools and expert knowledge.
50% Capital and Expense projects - Projects completed in a timely manner, within budget and perform at or above expectations.
- Capital and Expense Projects including: New equipment selection and purchase, replacing outdated components or hardware, infrastructure control upgrades, power distribution upgrades, structural evaluations and replacements, long range mine planning including mine methods, stability, ventilation, and efficiency.
20 % Short and long term planning - Develop accurate short and long term plans to support business strategy. These plans should address roadblocks, financial requirements and personnel needs.Planning Projects to include:
- Planning around the structural evaluation and replacement schedule of infrastructure on the surface plant or in the mine.
- Conduct studies on power needs and usage, efficiencies and potential efficiency improvements to conserve energy consumption.
- Involved in equipment selection, upgrades or rebuilds/replacement.
- Mine permitting and water/air management including LDEQ, NPDES, SPCC, SWPPP, and other applicable environmental requirements.
- Safe and effective project management including MSHA/OSHA compliance and contractor management.
- Short range (3-5 year) and long range (>10 year) mine equipment planning and reserve validation.
15% Technical support - Provide technical support to the operation in the engineer's area of expertise in order to minimize potential downtime, improve safety, solve problems and help ensure effective decisions are made.
15% Continuous Improvement - Stay current in area of expertise in order to promote new technologies. Utilize continuous improvement tools to reduce costs and increase efficiencies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering in one or more of the following fields: Mechanical, Mining, Civil, Electrical or related engineering field
- 5 or more years of experience in heavy industrial setting (ie. Salt mine, petroleum, carbon black plant, building damns)
- Ability to work in underground mine, work at heights
- Available to work rotating shifts as needed
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Underground or surface mining work experience in an environment that is that is regulated by MSHA/OSHA
- Mechanical drafting AutoCad, FEA (Finite Element Analysis), utilizing SolidWorks
- Continuous improvement & maintenance reliability processes (RCA, 5S, 5Y, Kaizen, Six Sigma, VSM (Value Stream Mapping))
Primary Location US-LA-Avery Island
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Mining Project Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly