ER Market Sr. Specialist - Nebraska
ER Market Sr. Specialist - Nebraska-NEB02321 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
As a member of the HR Solutions ER/IR Market U.S. Central North team, this position will be accountable for the execution and delivery of employee and industrial relations (ER/IR) services within Nebraska Market.
The HR Solutions ER/IR Market Specialist will serve as a member of the HR Solutions ER/IR specialist's team responsible for delivering HR ER/IR services to the business. Acting under limited supervision, the incumbent will utilize their full HR ER/IR knowledge to administer more complex processes related to the delivery of HR ER/IR services within Nebraska Market.
30% - Business Leader
- Serve as a specialist within the HR ER/IR market HR Solution team to provide relevant and effective consulting services to businesses for the Nebraska Market
- Use full HR ER/IR knowledge to guide/review/perform HR ER/IR projects
- Execute the coordinated deployment of HR ER/IR services, including any Nebraska market specific strategy requirements
- Leverage and enforce processes and technologies to support delivery of services
- Work closely with Regional ER team to ensure consistent application of company policies and processes and to ensure adherence to laws and regulations
- Work in close partnership with shared services (CBS) to deliver recurring end-to-end services and processes
- Develop and maintain key internal/external relationships, which may include: the Regional ER team, business leaders, hiring managers, business/function human resource professionals, industry contacts, employees
- Under limited supervision, provide consult to HR and business managers and supervisors within the Nebraska Market regarding the interpretation and delivery of more complex HR ER/IR policies, programs and processes in partnership with the Regional ER team.
- Using Nebraska Market knowledge], full HR ER/IR knowledge, and client intelligence, provide thought leadership in recommending solutions that build on business and functional strategic drivers for the Nebraska Market.
30% - Change Leader
- Represent the Nebraska market location and business clients in prioritization activities and escalations
- Provide feedback into services priorities to ensure Nebraska market location adoption
- Participate in CBS Migration activities, shared service consolidation and MADJV initiatives as assigned
- Promote the use and implementation of tools/technologies within the Nebraska market locations to gain efficiency in delivering HR Solutions
- Provide consult/advice to HR and business managers/supervisors on HR ER/IR issues/activities
- Guide/Review/Perform delivery of HR ER/IR training/education sessions for employees, HR professionals, and/or supervisors/managers in the business(in partnership with the Regional ER team)
20% - Culture Steward
- Champion a strong continuous improvement culture to ensure deployment of scalable, simplified and standardized processes
- Express, model and reinforce a process-honoring culture
20% - Value Leader
- Using Nebraska market knowledge and full HR ER/IR knowledge, provide input to ensure service delivery is compliant with laws, regulations, and corporate policies
- Ensure application of standard policies
- Responsible for ensuring proper use of vendor management of HR ER/IR providers within the Nebraska Market locations
- Provide input into the appropriate blend of internally sourced service delivery versus vendor sourced delivery
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and standardization on processes currently managed by country and/or regionally
- Ensure consistent adherence to all legal and regulatory requirements in the Nebraska Market. This may involve working with the Regional ER team, legal resources and/or external consultants to interpret and implement complex/ambiguous policies
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of experience in operations and/or human resources, preferably within the Nebraska Market.
- Previous experience in HR ER/IR-related market service areas
- Experience anticipating issues, problem solving and implementing solutions, including referring critical issues to the appropriate level of management, and improving efficiency, quality, cost and productivity
- Demonstrated experience positively influencing and collaborating with business and HR leaders
- Demonstrated strong business acumen. Knowledge of multiple businesses, functions, and processes as well as solid knowledge of business and functional issues, and proven track record to positively impact business results.
- Strong leadership, stakeholder management and communication skills - ability to thrive as part of a local market team
- Demonstrated understanding of evolving HR landscape and demonstrated capability of leading organizational change efforts
- Capability to innovate and integrate HR practice around critical business issues, and align people, process and structure to support these innovations
- Competence in connecting people to each other and the business strategy, leveraging technology and processes where appropriate.
- Fluent in English
- Travel up to 30% within market location
- Post-graduate degree in applicable field Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Law or Business
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement HR processes and client focused solutions
- Experience in a shared services organization
- Project management experience
- Consultative skills
- Strong drive for results with results/outcome focus
- Proven record of implementation and optimization of processes and metrics
- Spanish Language Skills
Job Human Resources
Primary Location US-NE-Nebraska City
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job