Sr. Pricing COE Lead - Cargill Animal Nutrition
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Sr. Pricing COE Lead - Cargill Animal Nutrition-HOP04133 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Senior Pricing Center of Excellence (COE) Lead role supports the implementation of a comprehensive pricing system & strategy to help drive Cargill Animal Nutrition (CAN) strategic objectives, financial results, and industry leadership position. The Pricing COE Lead will interact with our operating businesses and key functional stakeholders (FP&A, marketing, risk management) to deliver volume and profitability targets.
This position will be responsible for accurate, robust and insightful business analysis through tools (e.g. Tableau, Alteryx and PROS) and will help create pricing strategies leveraging value-based pricing techniques (including economic value estimate models), competitive market assessments, and advanced statistical modeling.
This role will provide price recommendations on new product/service launches, optimize the use of our enterprise pricing software, help with the implementation and improvement of the overall pricing process, identify and capture opportunities to improve our pricing strategy, assist in the design of pricing organizations within the operating businesses and tailor pricing techniques to suit specific business/market dynamics.
Pricing guideline development for product/service offerings: Use market information, statistical modeling, and Enterprise function inputs to create pricing recommendations for new product launches or re-positioning efforts (within businesses and globally) to ensure realization of Enterprise objectives and financial results. - 25%
Market Intelligence: In accordance with Cargill's Guiding Principles, this position be involved the use of relevant market and competitive information to identify, recommend, implement, and manage optimal price levels in accordance with volume and profitability objectives. - 25%
Tool optimization: Using industry best practices and deep expertise in the pricing space, improve the configuration and use of our enterprise pricing software to realize the potential of algorithm driven pricing and advanced pricing techniques. - 20%
Process improvement: Working with other functional stakeholders design and apply best practices for our ongoing pricing process by clarifying ownership (RASCI) and process steps in all stages of the costing and pricing process. - 20%
Team and stakeholder management, business analysis and other projects as required. - 10%
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in a business-related field involving analytical rigor and quantitative analyses (e.g. economics, finance, engineering, sciences)
• 8 years of experience in pricing, preferably in a B2B context of producing and selling physical goods (FMCG, food, agriculture, etc.)
• Ability to understand, analyze and synthesize complex pricing and account related issues effectively across the enterprise
• Analytical mindset and ability to spot industry and business trends
• Solid understanding of Customer economics and value drivers (channel economics, discount policies, incentives, etc.) and production/costing analyses (purchasing, manufacturing, logistics, freight, packaging, etc.)
• Proven experience working in global cross functional teams
• Strong collaboration skills, and ability to work effectively within a process-honoring organization
• Willingness to challenge the status quo and be tenacious in the pursuit of meaningful change
• Comfortable with ambiguity, active inquiry skills, strong communication skills, and the ability to influence without authority
• Proven ability to embrace and drive change within an organization/business
• Ability to travel up to 50%, including international travel
• Business fluency in English
• Expertise in developing data-intensive visual reports, analytics and KPI measurements
• Working experience with data visualization engines to create reports (Tableau or other BI tool)
• Experience working with and configuring enterprise pricing systems like PROS, Zilliant or Vendavo
• Expertise in data base manipulation, data joins, relational data leveraging Alteryx, MS Access, SQL, Python scripting, SAS.
• Statistical experience working with multivariate regressions and estimating demand elasticity
• Post graduate degree in business economics or related analytical field.
• Prior exposure to agriculture, food, commodity markets - understanding of global industry supply & demand cycles
• Development of Value based pricing approaches leveraging economic value estimate models
• Advanced RFP and Negotiation Team Skills
• Knowledge of business process mapping methodology
• Working experience with ERP system either SAP, A-Force/ JDE, among others.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Sr. Pricing COE Lead - Cargill Animal Nutrition
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly