Turkey & Deli Sales Specialist
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Turkey & Deli Sales Specialist-DAL00659 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Meat Solutions (CMS) has an opportunity available for a Retail Protein Sales Manager & Fresh Deli Sales Specialist in Texas. Sustained, profitable growth and satisfied customers are priorities for Cargill. This sales manager will ultimately be expected to: 1) Manage sales of our protein products with chains and distributors in the retail channel in the assigned territory to deliver on sales volume and margin expectations of Cargill, 2) Develop and execute effective customer-specific sales strategies and prioritize the right opportunities, 3) Conduct customer business reviews and make effective sales presentations, 4) Develop deep personal relationships with decision makers and influencers at key customers in assigned territory, 5) Strive to position Cargill as partner of choice for protein with these key customers, 6) Lead effective broker activities where necessary, 7) Secure new customers and new business; and 8) Collaborate with Cargill teammates to achieve collective goals. The ideal candidate will also possess high integrity, courage, and character as personal traits.
Customer Focus: Analyze the needs of customers and prospective customers; develop deep customer insight and build customer trust. Craft customer-specific programs. Identify, develop, and champion potential solutions to customer pain-points with express goal of delivering distinctive value for customers and profitable sales volume for Cargill.
Communication: Develop and deliver presentations to grocery retailers and wholesalers--both existing and potential customers; conduct business reviews; keep internal and external stakeholders informed and engaged.
Leadership: Lead brokers and their staff to support customers, build relationships and motivate to grow the business; Champion customer causes throughout the organization. Project a positive image for Cargill in the trade and in local communities.
Planning and Execution: Prioritize work in an entrepreneurial environment. Build strategies and coordinate promotions to drive the business; Manage budgets--sales budgets, T&E, and samples; Assist in managing claims and payables as necessary.
Teamwork: Collaborate with others internally and externally on projects to assist the team to grow and solve challenges. Cross-functional leadership is a key competency in building internal support and trust for customer initiatives and priorities.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent food industry experience
- 7 years' experience working in CPG (consumer packaged goods) or food industry required
- 5 years making B2B headquarter sales calls and sales accountability for large regional and/or Nat'l accts required
- 2 years' experience in selling Deli and/or value added meat products in the retail grocery channel is required
- 2 years' experience managing brokers, direct reports, or sales teams is required
- Demonstrated track record of success in sales and ability to deliver results
- Excellent communication, selling, and conflict management skills required
- Motivated self-starter with ability to perform in a challenging entrepreneurial environment
- Good decision-making; demonstrated skill in prioritizing opportunities, goals, and work
- Strategic thinker with ability to build effective sales plans
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen
- Proficiency in category management data/tools and fact-based selling
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office component software programs of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be somewhat tech-savvy and comfortable with evolving business-critical technology
- Travel 60%
- 10 years' experience selling perishable products in the retail grocery channel preferred
- Business environment awareness: know deli meat industry, markets, customers, and competitors
- Successful track record of making headquarter sales calls w/ chains of 150 stores preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- MBA OR Equivalent
- Employment history with Cargill, Tyson, JBS, Hormel, Jennie-O, Smithfield, Perdue, Hillshire Brands, Sara Lee, Kraft, Unilever, P&G, Hershey, Mars, General Mills, Coca-Cola, or PepsiCo is a plus
- Work experience with a major U.S. grocery retailer(HEB, Kroger, Safeway, Albertsons, Wal-Mart, Target Stores)
- Familiarity with perishable food distribution and distributors is a plus
- Meat processing experience or knowledge is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-TX-Dallas
Other Locations US-TX-Houston, US-TX-Austin, US-TX-Fort Worth
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Turkey & Deli Sales Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly