U.S. Employee Relations Compliance Operations Manager
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
U.S. Employee Relations Compliance Operations Manager-WIC03606 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The U.S. Employee Relations Compliance Operations Manager position has responsibilities for management of the U.S. Employee Relations Compliance Operations team and is accountable for oversight of strategic initiatives and operational HR compliance activities including design of and training on compliant HR processes in the markets/businesses, design and deployment of corporate compliance processes; partner with businesses and law to translate legal and regulatory requirements into processes that meet business needs; monitor process outcomes to determine risk and identify continuous improvement and pro-active risk mitigation opportunities.
45% Government Compliance:
- Provide overall oversight for U.S. employee relations compliance operational activities. Ensures Cargill's compliance with equal opportunity, affirmative action, immigration, wage and hour laws through process design and deployment, training of supervisors, managers and HR professionals, and ongoing monitoring and involvement. Primary accountability for translating compliance requirements into processes and activities that meet the business needs.
- Oversee a team of four (4) that provides front-line support to the market HR teams on key day-to-day compliance matters related to: immigration, hiring, wage and hour, medical and religious accommodations; provide regular monitoring and training on processes and manage vendors as applicable.
- Act as primary interface with key internal stakeholders on employee relations compliance operational matters, including Group HR Leaders, Business HR Leaders, Senior Lawyers, Controllers, and Corporate Affairs Leaders.
- Proactively monitors and analyzes proposed and actual changes in employee relations regulations and implement strategies to manage potential risks; operates as a Change Leader to influence and facilitate large scale change.
- In partnership with ER Leadership Team, develop and deploy training on EEO laws and regulations, government compliance, and business or market specific compliance training requests.
- Lead initiatives to implement regulatory and legislative changes. Identify operational compliance best practices and partner with HR market partners to deploy in a manner that meets business needs.
- Identify and deploy technology solutions to support ongoing compliance activities.
40% Manage the Employee Relations Compliance Operations Team:
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, calibrating, developing, placing and deploying talent within the NA Employee Relations Compliance Operations team
- Coaches individuals and builds strong capabilities in the audit team
- Ensures HR talent development and HR pipeline of talent for the company
- Champions diversity and inclusion within the business; leads diversity strategies for the business
10% Active Leader on North America Employee Relations Team Leadership Team:
- Participate in strategy development and deployment in a high risk/ high complexity environment
- Collaborate to develop cohesive policy/practices/tools across all North America location
- Ensure the NA ER team strategies and deliverables work for the business
- Drive continuous improvement and an ongoing focus to streamline compliance activities
- Participate in budget activities, team development, and other leadership team activities
5% Other duties as assigned
This position is located in Hopkins, MN or Wichita, KS.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 10 years exempt level HR or equivalent experience
- 3 years' experience in HR operations, continuous improvement, or equivalent process deployment or operational work.
- Previous experience with EEO/Affirmative Action or OFCCP related work
- Basic understanding of U.S. employment laws and regulations and the risks associated with them
- Ability to travel approximately up to 20% of the time and occasionally work a flexible schedule
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally
- Demonstrated ability to coach multiple levels of management
- Demonstrated experience in managing/juggling multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated strong process-orientation
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with multiple business partners
- Demonstrated decision-making ability and excellent judgment
- Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential information
- Demonstrated appreciation for people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives and identities and commitment to treat all colleagues and employees with dignity and respect
- Demonstrated ability to work with ambiguity
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource
- Experience managing large scale processes across multiple businesses
Job Human Resources
Primary Location US-KS-Wichita
Other Locations US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for U.S. Employee Relations Compliance Operations Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly