Senior Analyst - Accounting & Finance
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Senior Analyst - Accounting & Finance-MIN04845 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This role will be part of the newly formed Function Finance team providing support for multiple Functions (IT, HR, Cargill Strategic Sourcing Procurement, Cargill Transportation & Logistics, Law, R&D, Plant Ops, etc.). The Accounting and Finance (A&F) Analyst role is a challenging opportunity to learn the complexities of Cargill's Functions utilizing strong accounting, problem solving and communication skills.
This person will serve a critical business partnering role and be the first point of contact for the assigned functions. In addition, the role works closely with other Accounting & Finance (A&F) and Decision Support resources. Development will include gaining experience with global management reporting, business partnering skills, and financial analysis.
70-80% Fiduciary and Controls:
Lead and/or participate in the annual planning process for assigned functions. Understand and document key budget drivers and assumptions.
Apply a substantial and broad understanding of the function to develop and analyze key management reports, forecasts and metrics. Provide insights and recommend actions to improve results.
Provide financial and business analysis on projects and key initiatives including business case preparation and commitment models.
Responsible for timely and accurate financial and management reporting.
Responsible for the PL close ensuring compliance with fiduciary, statutory and reporting obligations
Function risk and control activities including understanding key risks for assigned functions and playing an advisory role to ensure proper risk and controls are in place.
20-30% Business Partnering / Decision Support:
As the first point of contact for assigned function, serve as an effective business partner which includes understanding the assigned Function's Strategy and Key Priorities, identifying and delivering value creation opportunities for those functions, and identifying areas for continuous improvement.
Lead the identification of key trends and issues based on actual and forecasted data including reviewing monthly variance reports. Lead and promote the sharing of ideas, best practices and lessons learned.
Identify analytics needs of Functions via a comprehensive understanding of their business and collaboration with its stakeholders.
Provides thought leadership that identifies and implements process simplification, standardization and improvement
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance or Accounting.
- 7 years Finance or Accounting experience.
- Demonstrated business partnering experience
- Proficiency in all aspects of accounting and finance
- Experience and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes, tools, and approaches
- Proficiency in Microsoft tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong decision making, critical thinking and analytics skills, coupled with high business acumen and the ability to translate principles of finance theory into practical application.
- Results orientation, “can do” attitude, intellectual curiosity, creativity, and excellent communication, interpersonal, collaboration, negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Proven ability to interact with and influence all levels of the organization.
- Experience in leading change to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrated ability to assess, improve, and lead business improvement opportunities
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strategic thinking, understanding the big picture
- Ability to handle highly confidential, sensitive information
- Experience with analytical tools (e.g. Business Objects, Apptio, Tableau)
Primary Location US-MN-Minneapolis
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Senior Analyst - Accounting & Finance
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly