Mining - Maintenance Supervisor
Mining - Maintenance Supervisor-CLE00289 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
In this position, you will provide technical knowledge, operations experience and management skills at a first line supervisory level in the daily direction and efficient performance of maintenance related activities/functions on a daily basis in the attainment of short and long term facility goals. The Maintenance Supervisor must be flexible to the changing needs of the operation which include the ability to work 1st, 2nd, and/or 3rd shift.
Organize, plan, and lead maintenance activities relating to mechanical or electrical maintenance. Manage equipment repair and PM's. Establish priorities, direct field and shop repairs and equipment services.
Problem solving, improving work process and operating efficiencies
Safety implementation of effective safety programs and all EHS and MSHA policy and procedures.
Positive two-way communication, fair and consistent administration of the company policy and procedures.
Compliance with all division/facility policies and procedures.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- High School/equivalency or greater with 3 or more years mining experience
- OR Bachelor's degree with 1 or more years mining experience
- 3 more years of experience with maintenance and repairs of bulk material handling systems; electrical equipment or installation and mobile equipment maintenance
- 1 or more years in maintaining hydraulics, conveyors, power trains OR Electrical systems (low voltage; ie. Lighting/charging systems for mobile equipment)
- Cutting and welding skill knowledge, basic mechanical gearing and rigging
- Bachelor's Degree in any of the following: electrical engineering, mining engineer, maintenance
- Journeyman's license with the STATE (in mechanical or electric)
- Experience with CMMS ( computerized maintenance management system)
- Experience with CMMS - SAP
- Knowledge of PdM (Predictive Maintenance Technologies)
- Working knowledge with Environmental Health and Safety
Job Maintenance and Reliability
Primary Location US-OH-Cleveland
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job