Foreign Exchange Lead
Foreign Exchange Lead-WAY05617 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The newly created NA FIBI Accounting & Finance organization operates highly efficient processes, utilizing leading technology, working with our shared teams, and delivering key decision support data and insights to enable sound and profitable business decisions. Organized into process towers to sharpen focus and increase efficiencies, this team will work multi-functionally across other finance team including FP&A, CBS-Finance, COE's, and functions. Together, we function as one finance to achieve our shared vision of operating at the top of our profession to deliver world class financial solutions to the businesses in which we serve.
This role is responsible for providing subject matter expertise on everything related to foreigh exchange. In this capacity, this person will work with the different businesses operating under the umbrella of FIBI NA identifying foreign exchange exposure, proposing strategies for managing this position, and ensuring accurate and timely reporting to the business and the corporation.
EXPOSURE IDENTIFICATION AND MANAGEMENT - 50%
- In coordination with the FX working group and the Regional Treasury, identify the different types of foreign exchange exposure, develop strategies for effective FX management, and follow up for successful deployment for the business operating under the FIBI NA organization. This analysis will comprise transaction exposure, revaluation exposure, and economic variances.
- Develop and deploy metrics to measure the effectiveness of hedging strategies.
- Provide expertise to A&F colleagues to understand the impact of foreign exchange on the balance sheet.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to anticipate the impact on the P/L of FX rates fluctuations.
- Participate as a subject matter expert on FIBI NA commitment/CAPEX requests and MADJV activities.
FOREIGN EXCHANGE LIMITS MANAGEMENT - 30%
- Monitor timely and accurate reporting of FX exposures as required by the FX Policy
- Coordinate FX limit extensions and monitor expirations and renewals
- Provide explanations for limit breaches and follow up that corrective action is promptly taken
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to anticipate the impact of FX transactions and fluctuations on the limits
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT - 20%
- Ensure consistent procedures across the FIBI NA organization.
- Identify, coordinate, and assist delivering training as needed to the different businesses under FIBI
- Share best practices and lessons learned across the enterprise.
- Identify opportunities to improve reporting efficiency minimizing data manipulation
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability- Vet
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting OR Finance OR Economics OR Business
- 10 or more years of business experience preferably in the risk management function
- 3 or more years of experience in commodity and foreign exchange markets
- Any experience leading cross functional initiatives and influencing business stakeholders across a matrixed organization
- Knowledge of corporate finance
- Demonstrated experience hedging risks
- Ability to communicate effectively with many functional groups and levels - both written and orally
- Post graduate degree in business or finance
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to internal controls
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects effectively
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self starter with a curious and inquisitive mind with proven ability to challenge and influence changes
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job