Food Safety and Quality Chemist I
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Food Safety and Quality Chemist I-BLA01188 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
From frosting on birthday cakes to the fuel in your car, Cargill Corn Milling North America (Cargill Corn Milling) is a part of your life in more ways than you would imagine. Leading national brands choose Cargill Corn Milling to develop, manufacture, and deliver ingredients that differentiate their food and beverage products in the marketplace. In addition, Cargill Corn Milling unlocks the goodness of the common corn kernel to create ingredients that are used in cattle feed, plastics, food packaging and medicines. Cargill Corn Milling also markets its own national brands, such as Truvia®, a zero-calorie sweetener; Sweet Bran®, a value-added cattle feed; and Regenasure®, the only vegetarian glucosamine produced in the United States. BIOasis™ is a feedstock co-location partnership program that offers over the fence product to bio-processing and biotechnology companies. Cargill Corn Milling employs more than 2,500 people and operates facilities in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Tennessee and Texas.
The Food Safety and Quality Associate (FSQ) Chemist I position is responsible for ensuring products meet or exceed customer requirements for quality and food safety. Assurance of product quality requires the chemist to monitor quality assurance systems including instrumentation calibration, maintenance, cross checks, methods, procedures, raw materials, food safety, and training. Additionally, our FSQ Chemists are expected to understand our plant processes and provide technical advice to support our production operations. Data analysis, trend recognition and effective communication are required competencies. The success of the FSQ Chemist position is measured in impact to customer satisfaction, minimization of process variation, process recoveries, waste reduction, and cost minimization.
- Daily assessment of process quality parameters and quality management systems including cross checks, raw materials, calibration, maintenance, procedures, food safety, training, auditing and oversight of analytical testing performed in control rooms.
- Data analysis, trend identification, troubleshooting, corrective action, and communication with regard to processing data, final product, and wastewater.
- Training of new FSQ chemists, analysts, operators, technicians and personnel from other functional areas.
- Assure product meets compliance specifications and overall final product approval checks.
- Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned (i.e. process improvement projects, development and modification of FSQ procedures and documents, recruiting and interviewing of new employees and assisting other locations with process startups and projects.)
• Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Microbiology, or Biochemistry
• Minimum 2 upper level courses relating to Chemistry, Food Science, Microbiology or Biochemistry.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Microsoft Office Suite experience.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
• Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of food safety, safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
• Proven ability to anticipate, recognize, and solve process and laboratory problems, implement improvements based on the findings.
OR Bachelor's Degree in science field with minimum 1 year general chemistry plus labs and 1 year organic chemistry plus labs.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Primary Location US-NE-Blair
Job Type Standard
Apply for Food Safety and Quality Chemist I
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly