Grain Elevator Operator
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Grain Elevator Operator-MOU00347 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Whatever job you're looking for, you can probably find it at Cargill. Our diverse partnerships across a variety of industries mean countless career opportunities for you. It's your choice. It's your future. You can make it happen at Cargill.
Dedicated to helping farmers prosper, Cargill AgHorizons U.S. helps customers manage their risk and maximize production through grain marketing alternatives, crop insurance, agronomic advice and crop inputs. Part of Cargill's global agricultural supply chain group, Cargill AgHorizons serves customers with a 1,500-member team at more than 100 grain elevators and service centers across the United States.
This is an excellent opportunity for qualified individuals interested in:
- Working in a state-of-the-art grain facility
- Team environment
- Working toward career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Train loading incentives
- Incentive program
- Benefits package
As an Elevator Operator, you will:
- Operate safely within Cargill policy, procedures, and governmental regulations and fully participate in Cargill Safety programs (BBSP, SafeStart etc.)
- Perform critical operations to keep facility running: Loading/Unloading barges, trucks and railcars. Other grain handling including, filling /reclaiming of ground piles, transferring, blending etc.
- Provide a high level of customer service by displaying courteous, helpful, knowledgeable interaction and behaviors.
- Maintain the general appearance of the facility to include elevators, grounds, buildings, etc.
- Monitor equipment to ensure it's in good working order, participate in the overall maintenance of the facility and equipment - notify management of any necessary repairs or possible equipment concerns.
- Be an involved/engaged member of a team and be willing to act and think independently.
- Ability to problem solve and make decision as needed
- Demonstrated self starter and high initiative
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Good Attendance Record & Work Ethics
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather, climb ladders, and work from heights
- Potential to work long irregular hours (weekends and holidays included)
- Ability to work in a potentially physically strenuous environment
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Ability to learn and explore depths of career (Passion/Curious)
- Strong Communication, reading, writing & Math Skills
- Some manufacturing or agriculture experience preferred
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of government regulations
- Basic computer skills
Primary Location US-IN-Mount Vernon
Job Type Standard
Apply for Grain Elevator Operator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly