Plant Continuous Improvement Leader - Cargill Protein Group
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Plant Continuous Improvement Leader - Cargill Protein Group-WIC03605 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Protein is a leader at delivering primary processed and value added proteins into the Foodservice, Retail and Manufacturing market channels. It operates several food processing facilities located in the US and Canada. Our customers in Foodservice are comprised of large national restaurant chain operators, contract feeding companies and both national and regional foodservice distributors. Our Retail customers are comprised of primarily large national grocery retailers and warehouse clubs. Our Manufacturing customers are comprised of large branded manufacturers of retail consumer packaged goods. The customers from these channels are attracted to working with Cargill because of our demonstrated leadership in delivering innovative products, integrity, operational excellence, food safety and risk management.
The Plant Continuous Improvement leader is responsible for providing continuous improvement leadership to plant personnel up to corporate leadership for the Cargill Protein Group of businesses in North America. This position will participate in Cargill's Production Excellence (PE) and CI Governance teams and be focused on training and coaching of site & business continuous improvement teams in order to execute CI activities (Lean leadership, Six Sigma, Stable Operations, CI Champions, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, 5S, etc.). The purpose of this position is to lead/coach/train/mentor the site & business improvement teams to deliver sustainable improvements in BOSC plant operations by eliminating process waste and removing variation.
30% Leadership, Governance & Control:
• Leads the overall Continuous Improvement strategy for Plant Operations in CPG and support other functions, enterprises, groups, etc. with development of CI strategies.
• Uses expert knowledge to identify areas for stabilizing or enhancing the performance of assets or processes that improve business results.
• Analyzes, develops and implements sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements. Continuously analyzes and measures the effectiveness of improvements, and recommends additional improvements to applications, processes and procedures with high levels of ambiguity.
• Defines and implements governance models to ensure improvement projects, plans, methodologies and quality standards are consistently followed by CPG Plant Operations in alignment with Cargill policies.
• Leads teams to identify causes and solutions, and ensures decision rights (e.g. RASCI framework structures) are followed.
30% Project Execution, Value Realization, & Measurement:
• Uses expert knowledge to develop and manage CI project plans for projects with the highest cost and risk, and assures project goals and objectives are attained and sustained.
• Identifies and documents variances from project goals and objectives, and communicates status reports, issue logs and risk areas to Plant Operations leadership.
• Tracks and reports the value creation and develops sustainment plans to ensure sustainable results.
• Facilitates and coaches teams to deliver improvement in process capability, productivity and quality through implementation of CI philosophy, theory, and application tools / tactics.
• Uses expertise, experience, and network to drive process improvement initiatives for Plant Operations and extend them across the supply chain to suppliers and customers.
• Manages the daily execution of value stream processes, sub processes and work streams to ensure completion of milestones on task and within scope of projects with highest cost and risk.
• Maintains CI value trackers or project scorecards and dashboards to ensure that identified improvements across the Plant Operations are successfully implemented and that the promised benefits and value are being captured; provide results to management and leadership.
20% Business Partnership and Stakeholder Management:
• Establish and maintain relationships with Enterprise, Business and Function leadership, as well as other teams across the Enterprises and Functions.
• Facilitates working discussions across Enterprise or multiple group/business teams, and maintains open partnership with business users to identify and solve gaps in the CI process.
• Works with Enterprise, Group and Function leadership to build accountability of CI project, and ensures alignment with CI program goals, objectives, plan and approach.
• Challenges the status quo with leaders and other stakeholders to explore new ways to analyze, measure, execute and ultimately bring increased value to the asset or process.
15% Capability and Culture Development:
• Leads CPG CI Community of Practice. Identifies, monitors, and implements continuous improvement best practices.
• Leads cross-functional teams to select and implement tools and methodologies that will enable capturing best practices.
• Drive continuous improvement capability and culture change through best practice sharing, vocal advocacy, and visible leadership, which include the objective of identifying and implementing opportunities.
• Subject matter expert to provide advanced/expert advice and coach leadership teams on CI, providing services and support for teams to be systematic in their approach to develop and improve processes for sustainable, long-term success.
• Researches best practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data.
• Create performance metrics to measure program success by independently conducting value realization analysis, value tracking process, progress reports and dashboards to ensure project targets (financial, productivity, defect reduction, etc.) are achieved for projects.
• Assess organizational readiness for the change, maturity and may develop new technology or processes to address changes that include leadership alignment, messaging, and action planning to achieve CI project efforts.
5% People and Talent Management:
• Provides coaching, mentoring, training, or knowledge transfer and skill enhancement to members of the team and community of practice.
• May participate in selection of employees and provide input on plans for future workforce needs.
• Regularly monitors progress of CI team members and community of practice on design best practices and methodologies, including technical leadership on projects with highest level of process ambiguity.
• Trains and coaches Enterprise, Function, Group/Business and Site CI teams to sustain the CI work stream gains and deliver on the value defined in the business case. This includes functional leadership of the CI training and talent development
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, science or other relevant field.
- 10 years of proven experience leading continuous improvement efforts (Lean and / or Six Sigma) in large scale deployments.
- Experience effectively coaching leaders on continuous improvement tools and processes.
- Experience capturing value through the use of CI methodologies across multiple businesses / divisions.
- Experience creating and executing plans to drive organizational results.
- Strong competencies in the areas of leadership, communication, teamwork, interpersonal effectiveness, initiative and process discipline.
- Business fluency in English.
- Availability for 50% travel (US and Canada)
- Analytical Problem Solving: able to identify problems; apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify root cause using data.
- Ability to facilitate small and large cross-functional teams.
- Ability to build strong working relationships.
- Demonstrated experience with effective communication of goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated budget management and knowledge of key business financial metrics.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Advanced education / degree in business (MBA), operations, engineering or other related field.
- Advanced training in Lean and or 6 sigma such as Black Belt training.
- Business experience and understanding of Cargill is preferred.
- Previous reliability excellence or stable operations deployment experience
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt Certification.
- Managing complex programs in a cross-cultural global environment is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of reliability and productivity practices.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
Primary Location US-KS-Wichita
Other Locations US-TX-San Antonio, US-IN-Indianapolis, US-CO-Denver, US-MO-Kansas City, US-KS-Kansas City, US-OK-Oklahoma City, US-IL-Chicago, US-TX-Dallas, US-IA-Des Moines, US-OH-Dayton, US-TX-Austin, US-MN-Wayzata, US-TX-Houston, US-OH-Cincinnati, US-IN-East Chicago, US-WI-Milwaukee, US-NE-Omaha
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Plant Continuous Improvement Leader - Cargill Protein Group
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly