Operations Accountant & Confirms Specialist
Operations Accountant & Confirms Specialist-MIN04846 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Internal Energy Services (IES) is an energy manager providing physical power and natural gas supply, as well as risk management for power, natural gas and diesel exposures using tailored hedging instruments. They work directly with Cargill's internal facilities as well as working with external organizations whose operations have exposures to energy prices. The IES team is based in Hopkins, MN and is evolving as it transitions from being embedded in Cargill's energy business, to being a Cargill independent team.
This position is responsible for reconciling and accounting realized physical and financial settlements for Cargill Internal Energy Services (IES). This position is responsible for reconciling trading activities between suppliers/customers/counterparties and coordinating financial payments between these parties. The position is also the direct contact to verify contracts, review changes, and produce official confirmations. This role will have responsibilities for providing management and performance reporting mainly to internal stakeholders. This position is the key contact for resolution of inquiries and issues from External/Internal Counterparties, Schedulers/Traders, Middle Office, Accounting, Utility bill management and Finance Shared Services(FSS) as it relates to settlement processes and trades confirmation.
- 40% - Ensure invoicing and settlements (physical, financial, fees, incentives) with internal and external parties are completed timely and accurately for all energy products in the IES program (natural gas, power, heating oil and petrochemicals). Ensure all activity is reconciled and proper controls are in place. Provide support as needed on monthly invoices and aging analysis. Develop relationships with BUs and plants to coordinate interco settlements as well as intercompany monthly confirmation.
- 30% - Be the primary contact of trade confirmation for all products in the IES program: Verify contractual terms of supplier contracts with a focus on ensuring special provisions are correct and commodities' specificities. Coordinate with a broad array of internal and external stakeholders as required (counterparties, brokers, traders, IT, middle office, etc.). Generate customer confirmation statements reflecting trades entered for their benefit ensuring links with counterparties supplies. Ensure all swaps are loaded/entered into the swap data repository. Monitor and follow up on the confirmation status of all trades.
- 15% - Internal primary contact for Utility Bill Management (UBM) for all Cargill plants using Power and Natural Gas supplies. Monitor daily the payment schedule and resolve issue by contacting the appropriate person timely (IT or BUs'responsible). Give daily guidelines to the UBM provider or BU's responsible for consolidation bills errors occurs between UBM and Cargill accounting system. Provide access to the UBM website according to the rules provided.
- 15% - Participate in monthly accounting processes by booking accruals as well as preparing balance sheet and income statement reconciliations for related revenues and expenses.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 year of Trading operations or accounting related experiences
- Experience in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Energy industry experience (working with brokers and commodity trading counterparties)
- Customer facing experience
- JD Edwards knowledge and experience
- SunGard Aligned knowledge and experience
- Experience developing complex Excel tools using VBA and advanced functions.
- Experience working in a trading environment
- Curiosity - willingness to ask questions and desire to learn the business
- Demonstrated ability to think and act independently, take initiative when appropriate, and display proven problem solving skills
- Demonstrated willingness to assist others, collaborative nature, ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and sense of ownership
- Strong communication skills — both written and verbal
- Knowledge of and adherence to internal control process
- Ability to cope with an ever-changing and fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize, work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and manage time
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts from both income statement and balance sheet perspective
Primary Location US-MN-Minneapolis
Other Locations US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job