Plant Materials and Capital Buyer
Plant Materials and Capital Buyer-BLA01163 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Strategic Sourcing & Procurement is a global organization with regional category teams in North America, Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific that, along with a strong core team and procurement alignment, are implementing new sourcing strategies to support Cargill businesses and functions. Strategic Sourcing & Procurement employees gain broad exposure to Cargill businesses as they drive tangible value for the organization.
Regional category teams are organized around 5 category areas that drive spend activity for chemicals, ingredients, packaging, plant materials and services, and corporate materials and services. Regional category teams develop and drive category strategies to leverage Cargill's global and regional position in the market, drive stronger connectivity, accountability and relationships with Cargill businesses, and clearly understand the business requirements of the businesses they support.
The primary function of this position is to manage the timely and cost-effective procurement of capital materials and services and requisite contracts and agreements to support Cargill's project/production activities. These activities include but are not limited to supporting the strategic procurement process, execution of regional and/or local agreements to include team-based bid processes, RFX's, negotiations, supplier selection/development and contract management.
60% - Capital Project Procurement Execution
• Assist in execution of Build Capital Projects >$25MM, in accordance with the Procurement Deliverables defined in the Build Template
• Participate at an early stage in project planning sessions to thoroughly understand BU / Project requirements, technical background information & sourcing support needs
• Work with the Regional Capital Project Sourcing Lead (CSL) & Category Sourcing Leads to ensure deployment of category strategies & building opportunities on a cross location / BU, country, regional basis
• Gather project-specific data, provide requirements & specifications, support, lead supplier selection, negotiations and contracting
• Manage designated supplier relationships
• Assist in establishment of procurement & requisitioning roles and accountabilities (project Accountant, requisitioners, buyers, onsite material management, etc.) in close alignment with the Build Project Manager (BPM) and the CSL
• Update and maintain major equipment & services list, in conjunction with Engineering Lead (EL) & BPM
• Identify potential engineering firms, in conjunction with the EL, BPM & CSL
• Identify potential suppliers for equipment & services, including Select Suppliers and/or Best Cost Country suppliers in conjunction with the EL & CSL
• Follow contractor pre-qualification process
• Assist in determining logistics strategy (vendor controlled, Cargill-controlled, combination)
• Help define critical supply markets (not limited to equipment) and optimal supply chains together with CSL
• Support engineering to identify long lead-time items (12 weeks)
• Identify any market trends or conditions that may affect lead times together with CSL
• Determine need for Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA's) & Network Access Agreements (NAA's) in conjunction with the Engineering Lead. Issue prior to, or with, bid packages as appropriate
• Assist in development of a negotiation strategy for > 1 Mio $ bid packages in close alignment with the CSL
• Assemble bid packages, including complete specifications, contract templates & safety documentation in conjunction with EL and execute the RFQ process
• Review bid packages with Engineering Lead prior to awarding the contract and issuing the purchase order to confirm the proposal meets the required codes and specifications, includes a completed Inspection Test Plan (ITP) where necessary,, acknowledgement of the owner approval requirements, and the vendor's schedule. Include negotiated lead times and any penalties in contracts
• Support Engineering to identify and execute TCO analysis for Goods and / or Services and determine cost drivers for input into TCO Models together with CSL
• Follow BCC Equipment Sourcing and Inspection Process with support of the CSL and the BCC sourcing team
• Use CSSP MIDAS team in alignment with the CSL to build negotiation strategies and create competitive advantage.
• Support Engineering and Reliability to establish a spare parts strategy (capitalized vs. expensed, etc)
• Support Project Accountant or buyer in applying requisition and PO procedures.
40% - Category Sourcing Project Execution
• Under direction of a Category Sourcing Lead perform category sourcing projects, RFP's, negotiations, assist with contracting, and deployment.
• Develop and manage Storeroom communication and relationships. Provide vendor issue resolution.
• Perform RFP's and e-Auctions utilizing Ariba.
• Manage Vendor Performance, Price Updates, and ensure PRTP alignment.
If selected for an interview, you will be required to submit signed copies of your last two performance reviews. (A completed e-PMP is considered a signed copy.)
This position is posted internally as well as externally
• Bachelors Degree preferably in Engineering, Supply Chain, Economics or Business Administration
• Minimum of 1 year of Plant Operations/Maintenance/Strategic Sourcing/Procurement OR Engineering experience; preferably purchasing Capital or MRO
• Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
• Good knowledge of process equipment &/or industrial construction processes
• Solid knowledge in safety and food safety
• Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
• High motivation and drive to deliver results
• Demonstrated ability to establish common processes
• Knowledge of the business environment Cargill is operating in and requirements
• Strong interpersonal skills & ability to:
• Engage, communicate & influence project stakeholder
• Establish trust & credibility with other functional and senior stakeholders
• Strong project management experience and skills
• Strong change management results
• Demonstrated ability to work with suppliers and drive mutually beneficial solutions
• IT skills (basic MS packages)
• Understanding of main legal concepts included in purchase contracts for capital goods & services
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• CPSM or equivalent purchasing qualification (or currently working towards qualification)
• 2 years in Plant Operations, Engineering, or Maintenance
• Experience with PDP or FEL
• IT skills (intermediate to advanced skill level in MS Excel)
• Experience of using TCO analysis based sourcing decisions
• Competitive bidding experience and contracting knowledge
Job Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
Primary Location US-NE-Blair
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job