Maintenance-Engineering Manager-FRE01735 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
DescriptionCargill Meat Solutions is the umbrella organization of Cargill's North American beef, turkey, and food distribution businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 32,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities. Maintenance-Engineering Managers are senior leaders in the facility organizational structure that report directly to the General Manager and lead the deployment of strategies to ensure the health and reliability of facility assets, deployment of capital and the operation of technical utility (refrigeration, steam, compressed air, waste water treatment, vacuum systems) processes. Depending on the needs of the company, the career aspirations and mobility of the individual, the career progression can be quite different. With the exception of the General Manager, there is no other role in a facility that offers a broader exposure to all elements of Operations - human resources, finance, safety, technical services, capital deployment, equipment maintenance, production processes, utilities and environmental management.
- Maintenance: Leverage labor, materials and equipment to prevent, and eliminate, equipment failures through targeted deployment of maintenance strategies, reliable execution of work management practices and reliability engineering principles. Champion failure investigation and problem identification and resolution activities.
- 20% - Technical Operations:
Management of technical operations including ammonia refrigeration systems, HVAC and facility air balance systems, steam/hot water generation, compressed air, water distribution and waste water treatment. Manage the facilities Environmental programs and ensure compliance with all federal, state and municipal regulations. Lead sustainability and resource efficiency improvement efforts.
- 15% - Capital Projects:
Manage the deployment of capital (base and non-base) and expense type projects through conception, development, approval and deployment in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and generally accepted good engineering practices.
- 15% - Talent Management:
Lead the development of human assets by effectively training, engaging, promoting, coaching, appraising and responding to the needs of employees. Ensure key results areas, and goals, are aligned with the organization's strategy and long term success.
- 10% - Food and People Safety:
Ensure all engineering practices and procedures support a safe working culture and one that promotes the manufacturing of healthy and safe food and food ingredients.
- 10% - Plant Leadership:
Serve as a key member of the plant leadership team, providing overall plant and business leadership, role modeling, mentoring and coaching to others in all functions and at all levels of the operation.
- 4-year degree in engineering, manufacturing, or technology or at least 5 years of proven maintenance leadership in a complex, labor intensive environment
- Leading teams through significant change
- Work management processes (ie planning and scheduling)
- Professional verbal and written communication skills to complete proposals, presentations, policies, etc
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems using formal techniques to evaluate systems, equipment and failures.
- Moderate Skill level in Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Work experience with refrigeration, utilities and waste water treatment equipment and processes
- Managing complex projects in a plant environment
- Work experience with Cause Mapping Analysis and Reliability Centered Maintenance Analysis
- Basic Level one understanding of Vibration, Infrared, MLT, Ultrasonic, and Motor Circuit evaluation.
- Experience with CMMS- Maximo and or SAP.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-CA-Fresno
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job