Senior Sales Manager - Global Accounts
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Senior Sales Manager - Global Accounts
REPORTING TO: Vice President, Sales - Corporate Accounts
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
With annual sales of CHF 6.7 billion (EUR 6.22 billion / USD 6.91 billion) in fiscal year 2015/16, the Zurich-based Barry Callebaut Group is the world's leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products - from the origination and processing cocoa beans to producing the finest chocolates, including chocolate fillings, decorations and compounds. The Group runs more than 50 production facilities worldwide and employs a diverse and dedicated global workforce of over 9,300 people.
The Barry Callebaut Group serves the entire food industry, from industrial food manufacturers to artisanal and professional users of chocolate, such as chocolatiers, pastry chefs, bakers, hotels, restaurants, and caterers. The two global brands catering to the specific needs of these Gourmet customers are Callebaut® and Cacao Barry®.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Manager will lead the global account management and commercial growth ambitions for a global CPG account within the Barry Callebaut organization.
The Senior Sales Manager is responsible for achieving sales targets - volume and margin - and assigned strategic account objectives. The Senior Sales Manager represents the entire range of company products (chocolate, compounds and cocoa) and services to the customer set, while also leading the customer account planning activities. This includes driving portfolio growth, R&D development ambitions including new products seeded for development, and management of the other scope of services offered (technical services, supply chain/planning, marketing, etc.). This person works within a cross functional team environment to achieve his/her objectives, and will be responsible for directing activities for indirect reports within the scope of the account's functional activities.
- Lead the development and execution of account strategies. Lead the annual strategic account review process working closely with regional business leaders in market, GMs and functional leaders to drive account deliverables.
- Deliver annual objectives for growth, profitability and share of wallet, and oversee the development and execution of business strategies to drive new business/projects in the markets of responsibility.
- Steer proper coordination for R&D projects and own the follow up for flawless service execution/operational excellence into the Company delivery sites.
- Develop strategies and tactics to ensure the specialties growth by liaising with GMs to drive awareness of new opportunities to ensure BC capabilities meet the customer's needs.
- Develop appropriate senior level relationships with customers to support account development.
- Ensure alignment and support for the global key accounts program.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration plus 8-12 years of direct sales/commercial account management experience in food or related industry. MBA degree strongly preferred.
- Full professional proficiency - oral and written - in English and Spanish.
- Direct sales experience in developing account relationships with strategic customers; demonstrated results in growing business (new volumes), and driving strategic partnership value (wallet share and outsourcing) while delivering margin growth.
- Strong written, verbal communication skills and ability to interface with various levels of the customer's procurement organization cross functional staff and leadership. Effective communication skills through PowerPoint and high comfort level with oral presentation delivery.
- Ability to work independently and also as an effective contributor to the sales team.
Additional Competencies & Requirements:
- Business Acumen - including quantitative analysis, and financial understanding.
- Communication Proficiency - outstanding communication styles and to different audiences and levels both externally and internally.
- Leadership - build support for ideas, and development projects; leverage influence within team and cross functional partners to achieve the account ambitions.
- Strategic Thinking - define a roadmap for customer growth linking customer business and brand priorities with BC capabilities.
- Technical Capacity - ability and interest to learn products, pricing, etc. Ability to leverage this knowledge intelligently with customers.
- Results Orientation and Self-Starter - independent thinker who is proactive, and takes personal initiative and demonstrates a bias for action.
- Teamwork and Cooperation - be part of a team, working together seeking ideas and opinions for planning and decision-making.
Apply for Senior Sales Manager - Global Accounts
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly