Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst
POSITION TITLE: Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst
REPORTING TO: Senior Manager, FP&A
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
With annual sales of CHF 6.7 billion (EUR 6.22 billion / USD 6.91 billion) in fiscal year 2015/16, the Zurich-based Barry Callebaut Group is the world's leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products - from the origination and processing cocoa beans to producing the finest chocolates, including chocolate fillings, decorations and compounds. The Group runs more than 50 production facilities worldwide and employs a diverse and dedicated global workforce of over 9,300 people.
The Barry Callebaut Group serves the entire food industry, from industrial food manufacturers to artisanal and professional users of chocolate, such as chocolatiers, pastry chefs, bakers, hotels, restaurants, and caterers. The two global brands catering to the specific needs of these Gourmet customers are Callebaut® and Cacao Barry®.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide quantitative, analytic support to the business partners and management for making strategic, operational and tactical decisions in the areas of plant operations and supply chain. Perform tasks with the aim to ensure efficient, harmonized and high quality reporting and analysis in accordance with reporting guidelines, principles and standards. This includes coordination of budgeting/forecasting, measuring performance against budget/prior year, developing reporting/KPIs to support Region Americas plant and supply chain network and providing recommendation to management.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting and forecasting processes across Region Americas for Operations & Supply Chain (US/CAN/MEX/BR/CL)
- Develop/streamline reports and scorecards for monitoring of plant performance and supply chain costs across the entire region.
- Monitor, evaluate and report performance against budgets, forecasts, and prior year to Corporate, including monthly activity, KPI, CAPEX reporting and regular benchmarking reporting.
- Actively analyse and challenge plant and supply chain costs and performance and understand drivers of variances.
- Prepare presentations for monthly and quarterly Operations & Supply Chain and Regional reviews, make recommendations to management.
- Be the go-to person on all regional Operations & Supply Chain variance analysis matters.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2-5 years of experience in Finance with an emphasis on Planning and Analysis or Accounting
- Experience in a manufacturing organization in Finance or Accounting roles for multinational companies, preferably B2B/food industry