Supply Chain Industrial Engineer
Work across the Nestle Supply Chain, to identify, implement and track best practices, productivity improvement and cost savings initiatives. Provide both the analytical expertise to correctly identify and value initiatives and the drive to push them to implementation. Work with each DC and Field Operations Profit Centers to drive process improvement activities and maximize the benefit of shared learning.
• Work with DC management teams, DC Process Specialists and other team members to identify, prioritize, implement and track improvement opportunities.
• Perform analytically advanced industrial engineering studies to identify, prioritize and track improvement opportunities, to include: process mapping, engineered time standards, discrete event simulation, process re-engineering, statistical process control and statistical modeling.
• Provide project management leadership/support for improvement initiatives and overall program management for process improvement.
• Work with the Logistics Decision Support team to develop advanced reports and decision support tools that enhance DC operations
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science or equivalent
• Master's degree preferred
• Relevant Industrial Engineering work and/or project experience preferred
• Knowledge and experience of project management, engineered time standards, discrete event simulation, process re-engineering, statistical process control and statistics
• Lean operations and Six sigma experience preferred
• Highly computer literate, capable of working without assistance to develop advanced Excel models and manipulate data in Access databases.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE / ATTRIBUTES:
• Interpersonal skills, self-confidence, leadership abilities
• Professional communication skills, verbal and written
• Good professional appearance
• Good general knowledge in areas of business administration: organization, economics, finance, etc.
• Good team player and leader
• Experienced negotiation skills, training skills
• Reliable, organized
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Adaptable and flexible
• Creative, innovative and self-initiating