QC Lab Technologist - Chemical/Physical
Nestle Nutrition in Eau Claire, WI has two factories which manufacture infant formula and health care nutrition products. The opportunity has arisen for a QC Lab Technologist - Chemical/Physical to join our team! Our ideal candidate will have great attention to detail, be able to work in a team setting and enjoy the challenges that a 24/7 food manufacturing facility has to offer!
Provide professional support by performing and timely communicating the necessary quality tests and analyses required for product safety and quality. Conduct physical, qualitative, and quantitative Nutritional and Chemical Analyses of incoming materials, in-line samples, semi-finished product, and finished product in order to assess their conformance to established quality standards. Conduct sampling, inspection and audits.
HOURS: 3rd shift (Sun-Thurs 11pm-7:30am); schedule also includes working at least one weekend a month and being part of the schedule holiday rotation (1-2 holidays/year)
• Physical, qualitative, and quantitative Chemical and Nutritional examinations including, but not limited to, testing fat, protein, ash, moisture, solids, minerals, vitamins, enzymatic activity, SDS-PAGE profiles, , fatty acid profiles, solubility index, miscibility, state of dissolution, pH, identity analysis, viscosity, density, purity screening (foreign matter), dimensional parameters, package evaluation and other related physical and chemical characteristics. Sampling, inspection and audits.
• Prepares reviews, and reports results of inspections and physico-chemical analyses; maintain and document records in accordance with established procedures. Review testing of current materials and dispositions accordingly
• Clean-up and general maintenance of laboratory and work area
• Periodic maintenance and calibrations of analytical instrumentation and equipment
• Tracks, orders and stocks laboratory supplies
• Performs other duties as assigned
Safety and Environmental:
• Follow factory safety & environmental objectives & targets
• Follow the plant safety rules; report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water etc. Will also recycle all appropriate materials (paper, plastic, food, etc.)
• Follow factory food safety, quality objectives & targets
• Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices; report food safety and quality issues immediately.
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to Nestle Quality Management System on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as indicated on QMS, OJT's and SOP's that apply.
Throughout all of these responsibilities, maintains a focus on continuous improvement.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Required: Bachelor's degree or equivalent (Chemistry, Food Technology, Biology, Microbiology or other related fields)
Preferred: Previous experience in another laboratory or analytical experience is an asset
• Expertise in chemical and nutritional analyses
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required; SAP experience is preferred