Director of QA
This is an exciting new role with a global food company which manufactures and supplies their delicious product range across North America and around the world.
As part of their exciting expansion plans, they now seek to hire a talented Director of QA with extensive HACCP management, quality systems, laboratory management, regulatory and SQF/BRC experience to lead their QA function.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring compliance with product specifications, labeling, and regulatory standards
- Overseeing and implementing HACCP, SQF, GMP, BRC and other food safety and quality programs for the plant.
- Providing oversight for the development of robust manufacturing control processes and related reports use throughout the plant.
- Managing customer complaint investigations, resolution and tracking.
Being part of the development team for new products and modification to existing products.
- Manage teams that will ensure all company policies and procedures are adhered to in order to produce safe and high quality product compliant to specification
- Facilitating quality systems, continuous process improvement, and safety initiatives in accordance with Lean thinking throughout the organization.
- Establishing finished goods quality standards, monitor down-graded product and work with manufacturing to reduce them to appropriate levels.
You will work closely with R&D, operations and logistics to maintain the highest levels of product safety and quality across the manufacturing and supply chain process.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in Food Science or equivalent, plus at least 5 years food safety/QA management experience in the Food Industry
- HACCP Certification and experience with SQF audits is required
- Knowledge of Microbiology, HACCP, Sanitation and Regulatory Directives
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop strong QA/Sanitation teams - previous management experience is required
- Strong communication skills in order to effectively communicate at all levels within the organization
- Experience with USDA/FDA regulations, policies and procedures is preferred.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive salary + bonus package, plus the chance to grow their career with a global food company.
When you apply, please send us your resume in Word format - and don't forget to include your career achievements on your resume!
Apply for Director of QA
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly