Sr. Facilities Engineering Design Manager
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of five business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain, Technical and Productions and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
Choose a career in Technical & Production and you'll be part of our logistics backbone - and a crucial element of our success. Our factories are where our products start their journey to the customer. This area of Nestlé Waters offers you the chance to experience collaboration in its purest form as you work alongside a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people in our Technical & Production factories spread across the nation. What you do will be fulfilling, impactful and meaningful - not least is you'll be helping to deliver healthy hydration to millions of thirsty customers. We'll make sure you have the strong leadership and clear direction you need to feel motivated and passionate about accomplishing great things. While you take a pride in delivering an excellent performance, you'll see your contributions are recognized and rewarded with an outstanding level of support, training and benefits - everything you need to grow and thrive in your career.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Engineering Design Manager based in our Coppell, TX location to support the Project Civil Lead in the design, supplier selection and execution of all building, and metallic structures linked to the Capital Investment project.
Key responsibilities include:
- Direct and manage consultants for all design deliverables pertaining to facility design and construction: civil design, structural design, architectural design, office design, space planning, master planning, landscape design, boiler and chiller life safety planning, interior finish design and permitting, HVAC-mechanical, office plumbing design, fire protection, and coordinate with process equipment designers. Previous experience as Team Leader, Design Manager, Project Leads, etc., in design production with design consultant firms is a plus.
- Able to resolve facility issues: Identify issue, develop RFP / Scope, obtain bids for resolution, provide estimate to Project Management, lead design effort, provide specifications for correction, and ensure implementation meets scope and specifications.
- Able to focus on both the macro engineering (scope, timelines, budget) and micro engineering (drawing checks, quality of consultants work, constructability and value added work)
- Communicate criteria for site selection and conceptual facility plan to consultants. Work with consultants to develop plans and alternatives for selected sites.
- Work with in-house resources to develop utility strategy plan, incentives, procurement and contracts.
- Assure that all regulatory, factory, local requirements and specifications are met in the design.
- Issue specifications and requisitions for services and equipment purchases required for the facilities.
- Manage the development of bid packages, instructions and specifications for construction, installation, commissioning and start-up. Primary contact for facility design activities with consultants.
- Review and qualify vendor and contractor proposals and selection.
- Provide support to the project manager for design reviews, bidding process, request for information, field change orders, construction issue resolution, commissioning and startup. Manage the design in keeping with the overall budget and schedule.
- Conduct quality and technical inspections during construction and equipment delivery/installation for compliance with the specifications, safety and quality.
- Review and approve submittals.
- Manage ‘as-built' drawings and documentation process. Manage and maintain facility drawings and documentation in the corporate office.
- Follow-up with facility equipment vendors on equipment drawings, manuals and discrepancies.
- Coordinate facility OEM vendor support required to complete construction and commissioning.
- Provide assistance for sign-off on facility construction and equipment delivery payments on major items.
- Develop new concepts and present ideas for overall facility improvements (energy savings, alternative materials, conservation, and development of construction methods).
- Continue education and implementation of sustainable design (LEED). Responsible for LEED applications. Continuous improvement in construction processes and alternatives keeping with NWNA guidelines of aspirations and beliefs.
- Experience with LEED (Leadership in Environmental and Energy Design) a plus
- Travel: 20% to 40%
Key Qualifications are:
- BS Architecture, Architectural Engineering or any other appropriate engineering degree (Civil, Mechanical) with appropriate facilities design experience.
- 5 to 15 years facilities (warehousing, manufacturing or food & beverage) design experience working with and holding accountable design consultants.
- Experience with WMS (warehouse management systems) to understand how systems and equipment function efficiently with the warehouse or manufacturing facility to be designed. This is a “brick and mortar” project design person, not process or equipment design person.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products, Knowledge of AutoCAD is desirable. Training in negotiating skills.
- Need strong project leadership skills. Must demonstrate successful experience managing outside vendors and resolve vendor performance issues. The candidate will present opportunities and problems to senior management and peers. The candidate will understand effective ongoing communications with Operations/Production plant managers.
- Professional Associations: AIA, LEED Accreditation a plus
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brands are Nestea, Tradewinds and Sweet Leaf. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?
Apply for Sr. Facilities Engineering Design Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly