Project Management Office Manager - Technical Applications Group
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the culinary capital.
We are writing a new chapter in our journey; Nestlé USA is opening its new U.S. headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, directly across from Washington, D.C. As a part of this extraordinary moment, you have the opportunity to help build the Nestlé USA of today, and tomorrow.
Our new home in the D.C. area offers close proximity to world class restaurants, shopping, and museums. You are steps away from the world's largest museum, the Smithsonian, and renowned national landmarks such as the Washington Monument.
Nestlé USA is transforming what we do, how we do it, and where we work. Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career.
Discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you.
Develop, coach and lead direct reports to ensure the efficient, effective and flawless execution of the Innovation & Renovation (I&R) portfolio of projects. Ensure the portfolio of projects is prioritized and timely delivered in light of organization strategy and objectives.
- Leverages performance, development and talent processes to build people skills and capabilities of direct reports
Responsible for the consistent application, disciplined execution, and continuous improvement of Nestlé's I&R processes and tools. This includes:
- Overall accountability, development, and continuous improvement of the cross functional I&R execution process
- Train and coach cross functions on the process and their key activities to ensure one common language and process
- Establish and support network of cross functional, subject matter experts supporting the I&R process
- Define and maintain project management standards for the organization
- Leads and directs the disciplined governance (stage gate process) and planning of all I&R initiatives to achieve flawless, effective and fast execution to deliver on organizational objectives and strategies
- Leads and facilitates the decision making process with cross-functional leaders on portfolio, prioritization, and resourcing of I&R initiatives
- Provides monthly updates on the status/health of the portfolio
- Establishes and tracks I&R KPI's, providing visibility and insight to organization on how to improve results
- Partners with cross-functional leaders to mitigate and remove risks/conflicts/bottlenecks
- Manages and provides escalations between leadership and project teams identifying opportunities for synergy in the portfolio with regards to project knowledge, resourcing and platforms
- Supports and provides key I&R inputs into the capital expenditure projections for capital planning
- Accountable for meeting project management I&R KPIs
I&R Process Champion and Gatekeeper
- Ensures adherence to the stage gate process
- Accountable for coordinating and facilitating stage gate activities
- Accountable for the integration of Nestlé's project management system and process with other key I&R business processes
- Provides and prioritizes project management resources for I&R initiatives
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering, Economics, Business, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working across multiple disciplines within the organization
- Master's Degree a plus
- PMP certification a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project management
- Minimum 10 years working across multiple disciplines: New product development stage-gate process, business portfolio assessment, business modeling & forecasting, or R&D innovation strategy, preferred
- People management and development experience preferred
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Developed coaching skills - develop leaders across multiple functions - project managers and cross functional teams
- Highly developed skills around relationship building, organizational savvy and organizational change
- Highly developed facilitation skills - specifically facilitating decision making - ability to challenge leadership team on their decision making process to drive to effective and efficient use of resources
- Ability to manage resources within team and across the organization
- Possess the insight to develop and modify processes that support portfolio planning and functional objectives
- Ability to pre-screen escalations and requests prior to presentation to leadership team to ensure completeness and necessity
- Ability to design portfolio management process and manage prioritization
- Highly developed project management skills
Apply for Project Management Office Manager - Technical Applications Group
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly