Financial Analyst (Supply Chain)
Foods people love. The life beyond what you imagined. And the city that rocks.
When you partner Nestlé USA and Northeast Ohio, the result is a rich experience that offers you a fulfilling personal and professional life.
Did you know that the Cleveland metropolitan area is consistently ranked as one of the most affordable and livable regions in the US? From its diverse communities to its endless arts, entertainment and sports experiences, Cleveland continues to rock.
At our Nestlé USA Cleveland campus, located in the Solon suburb of Cleveland, you will discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Offering you a strong culture with competitive benefits, you will have limitless opportunities to learn, and advance your career. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you.
The Private Fleet and Shuttle functions encompass the transportation of (1) Full-truck freight shipments to Nestle DCs and to Customers; (2) Movement of retail-picked pallets from approximately 25 distribution centers to ~240 cross-dock locations within the Direct Store Delivery (DSD) network using a combination of Dedicated Carriers and Private Fleet.
Supply Chain Finance seeks a lead who will partner with the Private Fleet and Shuttle teams to deliver cost targets and service levels. Key responsibilities include value-added analysis of fleet activities while establishing productive partnerships with the terminal managers and dedicated carrier managers. Additionally, this role will participate on multiple project teams and provide objective analysis and recommendations.
The incumbent in this role would gain exposure to Nestle's four distribution networks (ambient, chilled, frozen, deep frozen), DSD routing and operations, the monthly dynamic forecast (DF) process, co-piloting, private fleet management of assets and drivers, SAP processes and architecture, dedicated carrier relationships and co-manage a P&L of roughly $85 million.
• Reconcile operations with activity posting to SAP to ensure information is updated, reasonable and accurate
• Coordinate monthly close processes
• Partner with teams to accurately forecast total spend as part of the DF cycle
• Analyze operations for productivity opportunities
• Develop exception reporting to proactively identify risk
• Provide ad-hoc financial analysis support for various Supply Chain Finance initiatives
• Ensure operations are accretive to Nestle's variable distribution spend versus increased use of common carriers
Minimum Requirements & Education Level:
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5 years of financial or business analysis experience preferred
• Experience contributing to projects across disciplines and functions
Job Essentials & Attributes:
• Hands-on experience with developing value-added reporting to track complex systems
• Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, SAP and Business Objects
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Strong presentation skills; ability to interact effectively with multiple levels of the organization
• Ability to prioritize tasks to focus energies where they will deliver maximum value
• Excellent organization and documentation skills
• Understanding of general Financial, Accounting and Costing standards
• Communication (expressing ideas effectively and concisely)
• Excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
• Teamwork/Collaboration (builds rapport; can work outside the formal line of authority)
• Initiative (self-starter, proactive, bias for action)
• Analysis/Problem Assessment (secure relevant data and identify key relationships within that data)
• Energy (able to work within fast paced environment)
• Attention to Detail/Quality Orientation (accuracy and high standard of work)
• Planning and Organization (establishes a course of action to successfully accomplish a goal)
• Strong analytical and modeling skills